Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tiny Prints & The Preschool Choice

This is the first year we have friends sending their children to school. Between excited children dreaming of Kindergarten and nervous Moms trying to finish preparing for the school year, it has finally hit me! My son is going to be going off to school before I know it.

We originally decided not to send my son to preschool this year, but recently I started to wonder if my son is ready. It is a big decision that I am not taking lightly.

If my son goes to school now, we will miss out on our early morning cuddles. I am sure he will miss those days when he declares, "It's pajama day, Mama". I will be down my favorite sues chef, my spider killer and the reason why I can sing along with every tune from the Fresh Beat Band. I am sure my Lego building skills will get rusty, and there will be no one to lick the beaters when I bake, but I am all too aware that school is inevitable.

Through his friends I have seen the joy and excitement school will be met with. The wonder and awe in their faces is infectious. Asking them about their new teachers and schools shows what a big deal this is to a 4 or 5 year old. It is only bittersweet to me because it means he is growing up. I am sure every parent feels the pull. We celebrate them growing up, while we secretly miss the little things that make them dependent on us.

Is it crazy? I have been peaking at school supplies and other back to school related items. I can't wait to create an amazing experience for my son when the time is right. Tiny Prints has some great ways for me to keep our special bond going, even while he is away and independent.


From the essential, like emergency contact cards & allergy cards, to the personal touches, like lunch box notes and teacher appreciation cards, Tiny Prints is a great place to let your child know how much you care.

I remember my Mom used to slip lunch notes in with my food during elementary school. It meant a lot to me. That is one tradition I plan to keep going with my own children. I know my son would love the Safari Animals cards.

Wouldn't you love to receive a special note like this in your lunch?

So, do you remember sending your children off for their first day of school? What things did you miss?

Be sure to add Tiny Prints to your back-to-school shopping list. They have a wide variety of products to make school fun for any aged student in your life. Everyone deserves to be as excited about the start of the school year.


*Disclaimer - This post was written in exchange for a gift card for tinyprints and made possible through the Global Influence Network. All opinions are my own.
Pin It

1 comment:

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!