Happy Monday everyone!
Did you have a good week? Drank your water, ate clean and got up and moved?
I think I can officially declare that I am in a rut. I know what needs to be done, but I am having a hard time prioritizing exercise and myself. It seems simple, right?
Add into the mix two willful toddlers, a towering to-do list and a severe lack of sleep and I can't seem to get out of this rut. Okay, I would love to tell you all it is rainbows and sunshine here, but I have to admit my small efforts are quickly undone and I tumble back into my rut. Not just a small dip, no, a real rut. It has become frustrating to see the scale creep backwards and my days fly by without feeling productive.
So, where are the brakes? :)
I rocked my meal plan last week and loved the new foods from the Eat Clean Diet. This week I am trying some new ones and still keeping it on the fresh, local and whole food side. So, here it is:
- Monday - Mediterranean Stuffed Green Peppers - with cannollini beans & whole wheat couscous for meatless Mon.
- Tuesday- Stir Fry with tofu over brown rice with egg drop soup
- Wednesday- Crustless Broccoli Quiche, pesto rolls & salad
- Thursday- Mushroon Quinoa Risotto, gazpacho & salad
- Friday- Black Bean & Butternut Squash Chili - I am adapting a recipe from allyou
- Saturday- Leftovers
- Sunday- Family Dinner - usually a surprise!
My food goals this week are a simple back to basics...
- Drink 100+ oz of water
- Fit in my snacks!!! 6 almonds, an apple, kale chips.. I just need to get back to snacking smart.
- Control my portions
And on the exercise front? Well, I have the desire, but it is time to actually act. I have been keeping up with the #2weekchallenge and #100DayBurpeeChallenge but I really need more cardio and to really be pushing myself daily. I feel like I am going through the motions, but am too tired to keep my intensity up.
This week I want to get my groove on with the Wii and trying to walk. I have the new Summer Dance party for Just Dance I haven't tried out and I want to spend more time grooving with the Zumba disc also. Wish me luck!
So first priority is sleep this week, then kicking butt in the sweat department.
MAMAVATION TV: Join us Monday night at 7pm PST/10pm EST on Mingle Media TV
BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Mamavation. Two blogging carnival participants will receive part of the “Leah’s This Came to My Door Randomly and I’d Rather Give them to You Collection.” Answer the following question in your blog post and link back to the Mamavation website. Link up your post here.
Question: How are you planning to change up your workout as summer ends?
I hope to enjoy some normalcy in my schedule! Summer is such a busy, crazy time and with trips and all the excitement of parties we don't have a set normal routine. Okay, this mama enjoys a routine as much as the kiddos need one. I love having a time for activities, like my 10 am walk or to bed by 7:30 for the kiddos. I need to set a bedtime for myself so I can get up early and start my day off with a workout. I know it would be even better for me than my beloved cup of black coffee.
I am also looking at getting a few new DVDs and Wii games to keep me active. I love to switch things up. Do you have any good recommendations?
* Disclaimer - This post is sponsored by Mamavation and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway hosted by Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women