Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wordless Wed. - The Great Turnip Wash

The kids love late Summer and early Fall when the vegetable washer is put to use. Today there were a few bins of beets and turnips to clean.



These beets are pretty dirty to begin with, but the turnips are going for a wash first.


The washer is homemade and has been in service for years. The kids just love watching it up and running.

Bagged and ready to sell!

 Thanks for stopping by the farm for (almost) Wordless Wednesday. Feel free to leave a link to your WW post.


Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Big difference a little shower makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty under all that dirt, just a little wash to see:) I'm not much of a turnip eater, do like mustard green on occassion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cool, they looked like beets to me at first :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my kids would love this too! Turnips are my fall favorite!

    http://allsewnupetsy.blogspot.com/2011/10/pumpkin-patch-wordless-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does look pretty cool to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed looking at the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome!! Now if I only liked the taste of turnips..... hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. They sure come out looking pretty in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That does look like fun to watch!!!

    Jen@FoodFamilyFitness

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fun wayto spend the day!
    Having such a blast chking out all these new Wordless Wednesday pix.
    Hope u will chk ours out too at twinswithtots.blogspot.com/2011/10/wordle…
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the coolest thing ever! I would to have something like that and well a farm would be nice too lol! I am a new follower from WW.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!