Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday Smiles - First Bike

Do you remember your first bike? 

I clearly remember mine... yellow and green with a big ole' banana seat and curved handle bars. It was a hand me down from my Mom's coworker. I loved it.

Well, I am excited to say today we took my 4 year old son to get his first. We were at the bike shop a few months ago to check on sizes. Well, my son tested out a white bike and fell in love. He rode around the shop and after we left he talked, and talked about "his" bike.

Today went back in to finally buy one. Such a big milestone in his life, and ours. Of course, my son with the memory of an elephant was asking for his white bike.

*gulp*

I hoped it was still there. He wouldn't even sit on the grey one. He spotted the white, shiny bike on the wall and insisted we try that one. He only had eyes for that bike.

Thank goodness it was a good fit.



I don't think he has stopped smiling since we put it in the car. Tomorrow, regardless of the cold and dreary Oregon weather, we will be going out to test it. Of course my son has already asked when we are going to race.

I guess I'm in trouble!

...but, he is the happiest little guy in the world right now.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!