There is so much talk online of resolutions and goals. Though I would love to tell you that follow through with my resolutions, I don't. Too big, too fast, too burned out is how I usually end up.
Yes, I do see the start of a new year as a time to reflect and take stock of my life. I just prefer to set small challenges and goals I can and will accomplish.
Here at Adventures in All Things Food and Family it is a window into our daily lives. I am constantly trying to find the balance to do just that. I want to bring my readers more into my kitchen, out into the fields and into the dirt. Please bring boots, it gets awfully muddy here in Oregon.
For 2012 I plan to bring you, my dear readers, more:
- Reviews of books, products, foods and stay tuned for a year with more baby items!
- Food in all shapes and forms. I am actually going to bring you an entire year of bread. Yes, bread! I love baking and enjoying bread and would love to demystify some different types of loves. Stay tuned for at least one bread recipe (hand made, stand mixer or bread machine recipe) a week. Phew! I also want to get more into cooking from scratch and documenting where our food comes from. Seasonal posts will start up as the growing season does with my home gardening thrown in for fun.
- More Personal Posts. This is the hardest part. I love blogging for the connection I make with readers. I have met people with similar interests, children of the same age, children with PKU as well as fellow foodies through blogging. Keep those comments coming. It is the reason I write.
- Add Tech and Game Reviews to the mix. With my children getting bigger, our tech-loving family is expanding. We now enjoy our Xbox family nights as well as our digital cameras and hand held devices. This family is going to need a few more chargers.
- Dig into Diet and Weight loss. As I get older health and fitness have become much more important. I don't have all the answers, but I sure can share what is working for me. Come by and track my progress.
- Crafts. I love to create and since my children are finally a little older (2 & 4) I want to get creating with my hands again. My sewing machine is at the ready and I have started pinning some great crafts to do with or for my kiddos.
- 365 Days of Photos... I have wanted to try this one for a while. It is quite an undertaking. It is a commitment. I am scared, but want to give it a shot. I hope to share a bit of our family, farm and daily life through the lens of my camera. ...gulp...
- Don't forget MORE Giveaways! Yes, I know the giveaways keep people coming back. I enjoy being able to share products with you and always jump at the chance of offering a giveaway. Always family friendly products and services, and always things I enjoy with or for my own family. If you want to see the giveaways continue, please follow my blog, subscribe, follow me on twitter, G+, etc. Every number counts when I pitch companies.
Okay, that is some list, right? 2011 has been an amazing year for me and blogging. I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store.
Also, as some of you know, Google Friend Connect is being fazed out. For non-blogger-blogs it will be gone in March, but for others who knows? Google Plus is rising as the front runner for blog statistics. These numbers are what enable me to offer giveaways and promotions from great companies. I would love to have you join me, Adventures in All Things Food on Google +. You can also find a G+ button on the right scroll bar under "Connect with Me", right below my Pinterest button.
So, what do you think of my plans? If you blog, what are your blog goals?