But what about that magical master list, often referred to as a "Bucket List"?
You know, all the things you want to accomplish before you die? Slightly morbid, but it is just one big list of things to aspire to. I don't actually have one list. I tend to work on shorter range goals. I started making lists when I was in school and they helped me focus on my dreams.
So, maybe it is high time I made a new list.
- Travel to Germany. I have roots there and would love to find my extended family members.
- Take my whole family to Japan. I lived there for 4 years and would love to share that with my children.
- Take a classic family road trip to the Grand Canyon. Add in a few stops from "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" and have simple classic fun with my family.
- Have High Tea in England. This just sounds cool.
- Master my sewing machine and create a dress for myself ...that I love.
- Knit a pair of socks. I have started and stopped this project a dozen times!
- Tour around Europe on a tandem with my husband. Complete with back roads and scenic views.
- Learn the art of bee keeping. I had a neighbor growing up who was a beekeeper and I have been fascinated ever since. Plus, I just love fresh, local honey.
- Take a Master Canning course. I want to know the science behind PH and safe canning practices.
- Make my own block of hard cheese. Wax, rind, aged and all!
Quirky? Yes. That is me. And this is my Bucket List.
What is on yours?