Thursday, January 5, 2012

Something Lost... Who? Me? #TheBlogDare

Ever wake up feeling like you forgot something?

Ever get the feeling that something is missing? Lost? Or misplaced?

I have had the feeling. It ate at me. I didn't feel complete and still don't. I knew something was missing, but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

And then it dawned on me... I lost my sense of self!

It was gradual at first. I started working, overtime crept in and then I became a Mom. My work became Motherhood. The problem is it was like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, it is not a one or the other proposition.

Motherhood and me...

One is not an equal exchange for the other. I still felt like something was missing. Motherhood could not replace my personal life. It was a life-altering addition, but without me, there is much less to offer my children.

I have become a yoga pant wearing, pony tail sporting, no make-up, no nail polish Mother. I have let Motherhood define me instead of enrich what was already there. Hobbies are gone, personal preferences discounted and my sense of self is no where to be found.

How is this possible?

Not all stay-at-home-moms find themselves in this place, but some do. 2012 is time to regain my own confidence and sense of style. I will find my passion. I will continue to grow and learn. I am Andrea. I am a Mom but I am not defined by that alone.

How has parenthood changed you? How do you create balance in your life?
Pin It

1 comment:

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!