Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What Was Your Favorite Toy? #BlogDare

Is there a special retro toy that holds a special place in your heart?

I grew up in the 80's with Rainbow Brite, Barbie, Cabbage Patch Dolls and My Little Ponies to play with. Pastel or bright colors, they have all may a resurgence since my daughter was born. My favorite toys though are now some of my daughter's favorites also. She is quite smitten with Strawberry Shortcake.


With her cupcake looking bonnet, striped tights and friendly cat, she was a girl's girl. Made up of everything sweet and nice. I remember the imitation sweet smell on the plastic of the dolls. I had a doll and a snail she rode on. Too bad I didn't keep those toys! I remember watching the cartoons on Saturday morning and even wearing my SS p.j.s.

Now my daughter has her own Strawberry Shortcake set and dolls. Of course our favorite little girl has undergone a make over, but she still has the red hair and sweet treat smells for her and her friends.


I love watching her play with her Strawberry Shortcake toys. It is like seeing a mirror into my own childhood playtime. It makes this Mom so proud.

Do you have a favorite retro toy? Do you children enjoy it as much as you did?
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. i agree! It's so fun to watch kids playing with either the same toys or similar toys as we did isn't it? Visting from blogdare!

    Check out my post: http://our365days.blogspot.com/2012/01/blogdare-2012-day-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Strawberry Shortcake as a kid..
    Now following great blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't really have Strawberry Shortcake but I loved model horses (including Breyer) and I passed those on to my daughter who loves them also :-)

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!