Friday, February 3, 2012

"F" is for Food & Friday (2/3) #PinItFriday

Pinterest touched my heart this past week. With two children on very restrictive diets, not many people have heard of their genetic condition, PKU. I have found online boards & chats, but none are very active. It is hard to connect with other Moms in my situation. Pinterest changed all that... with a simple search for PKU, I found recipe boards galore! Some with their favorite PKU-friendly recipes and others with ideas waiting to be modified. 

I cried. It was all I had wanted. I am not alone.

So, whether you pin with a purpose, like I do for my children's PKU, or you love food gawking, Pinterest is the place to be. Of course it is more than food, but my crafting finds don't belong in this post.
Are you pining? I would love to check out your boards and see what you have been up to. Leave your info so I can swing by. Check out my boards HERE.  Let me know if you need an invite, too.

In honor of pinning my life away this past week, I linked up with 5 Minutes for Mom's Pin It Friday and  Finding Joy in My Kitchen's Favorite Friday Finds. Come link up and check out the other ideas. This edition (as usual) is delicous! I can't wait to try out of few of these recipes in the coming week.


Starting with this Beet Chip and Roasted Butternut Squash topped salad. It was as good as it looks...



Or how about these Baked Egg Boats? With my homemade sourdough recipe this would be wonderful and portable!


I guess eggs are on my mind because these eggs baked in a tomato also caught my eye.


Or what about Parmesan baked eggs?


...and for something sweet...


I am a big fan of matcha ice cream and mochi, I can't wait to try making my own mochi ice cream balls like I enjoy from Trader Joe's.

Happy Pinning this week! Hope your finds taste as good as they look.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. those parmesan eggs look scrumptious! Thanks for joining us again this week.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!