Sunday, February 5, 2012

Word Mangling #BlogDare


Kids say the cutest things! I love hearing my 2 and 4-year old use new words or phrases. Usually they have been changed or have morphed into something slightly different. It is like a mini version of the telephone game.

Adults do the same thing. We hear commonly used sayings mangled all the time. One of my biggest pet peeves is  "all intensive purposes" instead of "all intents and purposes". It is so much cuter when it comes out of the mouth of a child. Don't you think?

My daughter watched the classic Frosty the Snowman for the first time last Christmas. His name became 'frosting the snowman'.

Blueberries were referred to as 'bluebies'.

When I was younger I always thought the group was named, 'Haulin' Oats'.

Talking to my husband the other week I mentioned we had two issues to discuss. My son asked where the '2 shoes' were.

But my absolute favorite word mangle is how my son confuses bored with boring. On several occaisions my son, quite angrily, yells 'I'm boring Mom!'. It never fails to make me smile.

Now that we live in an auto-correct digital world I see funny word switches everyday. What word mangling have you come across lately?






Pin It

1 comment:

  1. very interesting....the stuff kids say. Always brings a smile..

    your newest follower and a regular visitor now..

    cheers,
    kajal@http://purplechronicle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!