Sunday, March 11, 2012

Adams Flea and Tick Dog Shampoo - A Wet Adventure #CBias


Cooper is a Border Collie Mix, our family pet and a farm dog.

As an outside dog, we can't always keep him clean , but with the warmer weather coming I want to keep him protected from fleas and ticks. By keeping down the fleas around the house I protect our inside cat and my children as well from being bitten.

I went online and learned more about Adams Flea and Tick Dog Shampoo. There is a whole range of products they offer for dogs and cats. I noticed the product is sold from our Walmart and it even qualified for site to store shipping in our area.


At the store we found products from flea collars to products for the yard as well as the carpet. We selected a shampoo and I also grabbed a brush to really get the soap down into Cooper's coat.

You can see how our Walmart shopping trip went, and even take a peak in our cart, in our Google+ album.

The following day we suited up for our wet morning activity. We live in Oregon so we are no strangers to wet or cold weather, but found a break in the showers to give our dog his bath. I dressed the kids in layers and then in rain coats and boots.

There was a lot of giggling and we all ended up pretty wet.


I was really proud of the kids and how actively they participated.


Cooper was also a very good sport. We made it all up to him with some treats and a long game of catch.

I was impressed with the Adams Shampoo. It had a pleasant citrus scent and lathered enough for my children to easily tell if they had missed a spot. It did make Cooper's coat softer and made him smell much better than the normal "dog smell" we are used to. The active ingredient d-Limonene is a great cleansing agent and naturally effective insecticide.

I love letting my children take responsibility for their pets. I supervised, but was happy to let them scrub Cooper down.

We don't bathe Cooper much during the Winter, but I plan on doing it more regularly with my little helpers to help keep pests away from our beloved pet. Of course right after the bath finished, Cooper being a good farm dog, rolled in the dirt, mud and grass clippings. Well, at least it will keep him safe even if he just gets dirty again.


*Disclaimer - This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias All opinions are my own. Your experiences may vary.



Pin It

2 comments:

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!