Tuesday, April 17, 2012

An Easy Way to Create Smoothies! #SilkFruit #CBias

Do your kids scream for smoothies? Mine do!

Anytime I rev up our blender my kids ask if I am making "smooshies?"

This week I tried out the new Silk Fruit&Protein. Have you seen it in stores, yet? We already keep our fridge stocked with Vanilla Silk, used on cereal or to drink, but this new product makes our favorite smoothies even faster to make.


Armed with my little shoppers, we headed to Walmart in search of Silk Fruit&Protein. It took us a while to track down because our local Walmart is in the midst of a huge expansion. Shelving, cases and products are all moved around right now. You can see our entire shopping experience in our #SilkFruit Google+ album. We found all three flavors in the dairy section, Strawberry Banana, Mango Peach and Mixed Berry but couldn't pick just one. We grabbed our cartons and started brainstorming smoothie ideas.


I tried all three of the flavors on their own first, yum! Delicious on their own, I knew they would make the perfect smoothie base for our creations.

First up was the Mango Peach Silk Fruit&Protein:



I was very excited because mango peach is not a flavor we usually add. Mango especially, both fresh and frozen, is more expensive than other fruit so we only have it on rare occasions.  This juice blend allowed me to keep our smoothies frugal by adding frozen pineapple and fresh spinach for a "Green Monster" smoothie.

Green Monster smoothies are my favorite way to get my children to have green leafy vegetables first thing in the morning. The tropical fruit flavors help to mask the mild flavor of spinach.


Mmm... green enough to make any monster happy!

Then I grabbed the Strawberry Banana Silk Fruit&Protein for my smoothie:



I really like almond butter, so I grabbed my jar and some frozen bananas. I really like using frozen fruit instead of ice cubes for a thicker, richer smoothie.


Loved the strawberry and banana flavor, and a tablespoon of almond butter gave me some healthy oils and a nutty flavor I love.


Overall, I loved using the Silk Fruit&Protein for my smoothie base. To create a good smoothie you only need ice and a little imagination. Each flavor has 5 grams of protein per serving making it a great addition to my normal smoothie line-up. It was also a great hit with the family.


Connect with Silk on twitter: @LoveMySilk
Or on Facebook for promotions, deals and new product information.

*Disclaimer - This shop was compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All opinions are my own. Your experiences may vary.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Those both look good. Great tip about the frozen bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute that your kids call them smooshies! My tween found a recipe online last night for a strawberry smoochie! She made it and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of adding spinach and creating a "green monster" smoothie! It's so tough to get my boys to eat their greens - I think this would make it easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gotten to where my 4-year-old specifically REQUESTS I put spinach in his smoothies. How cool is that???

      Looking forward to trying the Silk Fruit & Protein. Keep seeing it but I haven't picked it up yet.

      Delete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!