I love to cook...
But it is fun to find a dish that allows me to enjoy good food without a lot of fuss. That is how this dish came together. It was all made in my trusty cast iron skillet and tasted divine!
This combines all my favorites, from potatoes and farm fresh eggs, to bacon, sun dried tomatoes, pesto and garlic.
You Will Need:
4 slices of bacon
2 large russet potatoes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 c. sun dried tomatoes (if dried, soften in chicken stock ahead of time)
1/2 c. pesto
salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the cast iron skillet to medium heat and add the sliced bacon. I suggest covering the pan with a splatter guard as it cooks. Flip it half way through. When the bacon is crisp, remove it from the pan and let it drain on a paper towel. Drain off some of the bacon grease. Leave enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- With a mandolin, slice your potatoes evenly. Place them into the skillet on medium to cook through.
- Once the potatoes are soft, turn up the heat to brown..
- Reduce the heat back to medium and add the garlic. Let it warm for about a minute.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle the top with sun dried tomatoes, spoon the pesto on top and create small wells in the potatoes to nest the eggs. Sprinkle the top with crumbled bacon and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Place the skillet in the oven till the eggs have set.
- Serve warm and enjoy!