Friday, May 11, 2012

Rizzoli & Isles: S2 Comes to DVD

I love a good crime drama and have watched many of them.

Most are big on the technical aspect and lack the relationships and friendships found in a usual drama series. Well, after enjoying actress Sasha Alexander in another show, I was excited to see her co-staring in Warner Brother's Rizzoli & Isles. Of course Angie Harmon is also no stranger to television and I thought the chemistry of these two friends was interesting.

Fast forward through two seasons and I am hooked! Based on the mystery novels by Tess Gerritsen, this show gave me the action and excitement I was looking for in a crime/mystery drama.

Complicated, intriguing characters with a healthy dose of moxie, this detective and medical examiner make a great pair for solving crimes. They are not your usual helpless females, nor are they too strong for their own good. Both have their own set of skills and hang-ups to keep things interesting.

Take the 13th episode, Seventeen Ain't So Sweet, from season 2 for example. Jane heads to her high school reunion to find a former classmate turn up dead on the football field. With Maura along as her plus one the two of them need to sift through the clues. Suspects are everywhere, and Jane knows what these people are all capable of.

All the while Jane has her own reunion fears to face. It is amazing how no matter the length of time between me and high school, those years are still raw and vivid in my memory. I have never been a big fan of reunions myself I prefer to look forward and dwell on the positive. Jane must use the past the help the present, but I can't say I have ever needed to do that.

I can understand Jane's feelings of not wanting to relive the past with people she no longer knows. I am really okay with letting those years and faces remain memories to keep or forget. I can't even imagine trying to run an investigation with all those ghosts of the past. Luckily Jane is able to embrace her past and use it to her benefit.

How do you feel about reunions? Are you a fan or not?

The third season of Rizzoli & Isles is coming! 
Season premier - Tuesday, June 5th at 9/8 C. on TNT.

Now is a great time to grab your copy of Season 2 on DVD to catch up on the characters and action before the next season arrives. Available on DVD 5/22. Pre-order yours today. 

*Disclaimer - I have been hired by Warner Bros. WBWord division to promote Rizzoli & Isles Season Two on DVD.

Preorder the DVD, available 5/22!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!