Monday, May 14, 2012

#Mamavation Monday - One Down... and One to Go!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! The weather here was beautiful and I spent a day in the city with my husband and children. We did a little shopping, had a great lunch and topped it all off with a great trip to a park where the kids could play.

Simple and perfect!

This past week I participated in a virtual 5K to celebrate Social Fabric's birthday. I had a 13:11 pace and enjoyed the early morning jog with my kids.


Next on the list will be the Mamavation Virtual 5K next month and I want to set an even faster pace! I have a little over a month to finish my C25K refresher and build up cardio endurance. I am feeling pretty great though with one 5K down and one more to go next month. I am ever pushing to be under the 9 minute mile mark.

The warmer weather brings green things, growth, renewal and great sleep deprivation for me. Currently I am readjusting to the invisible husband (he is farming and busy almost around the clock right now). I have felt a little drained this past week dealing with my children, the household and trying to carve out time to exercise. Will I ever achieve balance? Probably not. Just about the time I start to get a handle on flying solo, the growing season is ending and I have to readjust to having my husband around more. I do try not to get too territorial over the family routine, but we will inevitably butt heads at some point.

With the #2weekchallenge being over it is time to write down my plan of action for the week:
  1. Walk - I would really like to get outside for a walk/jog with my kids daily. Tonight I will be going out with the family after dinner.
  2. Move for 1-2 hours a day - besides the C25K workouts I am going to be flipping through my DVD library and making some time for a few old favorites. Ellen Barret and Jackie Warner are at the top of my list.
  3. Drink Up! - I have been slacking on my water intake. Time to get back into the good habit of water only drinking.
  4. Push Ups & sit ups - Continue with the 100 pushup challenge and the sit up challenge. Even with my youngest turning 3 this Summer my core is painfully out of shape.
So, what are your goals for the week?

BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Dole.

Cragmama is always a wealth of information, but I am going to miss out. Tonight was designated as a catch-up/family night. Hopefully this will let me get a bit more sleep later on in the week.

*Disclaimer - This post is sponsored by Dole and hosted by Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway







Pin It