Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Project 365 - The Perfect Shade


These Easter Lilies began blooming this week and I am thrilled with the color.

Last month my husband and I went out to grab a bite and at the entrance of the restaurant was a whiskey barrel planter with this exact shade of Easter Lilly. Such a vibrant burnt orange. It was stunning. I had planted a bag of my own last year and had been disappointed when they didn't bloom.

Every year when I see the bags of bulbs go on sale I try grab one or two to add to our yard. Last year I snagged a few bags of Easter Lilies and Day Lilies in assorted colors.

You can imagine my surprise when the exact color of Lilly I had been admiring earlier popped up in my own yard. It is the only lone bulb to come up, but I am just thrilled with this stunning shade.

Do you have bulbs planted in your yard? What are your favorites?

Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!