Monday, July 30, 2012

#Mamavation Monday - Hold Me!

Furious preparations are underfoot....

As I get set to post this my Mom is coming to stay for the week. No big deal? I think everyone has a unique relationship with their parents. Whether you fear, love or dread their visits ... they take us back in time. No longer will I be the queen of the roost, my Mom will be here.

At dinner my son mentioned that my Mom should try something I made. We have rules in the house to try a bite of everything on our plate before being excused, so my son was confused when I said she might not want to try it. My son was bewildered. I could see his mind racing. Unfortunately I think he picked up on the fact someone in the house wouldn't have to listen to me! Ugh...

In reality I am not sure how much will get done around here. I look forward to spending time with her and doing some fun craft projects with the kids. I will be trying to fit in the daily walks but it will be impossible to get my late-night treadmill time.

I plan to concentrate on what I can control... our meals! So, here is my meal plan for the week:

Mon - Taco Salad - meatless Monday with kidney beans and loads of veggies!
Tue - Smoked Pork Loin, BBQ potato salad, light slaw
Wed - Shredded Chicken with Peanut Sauce over a bed of zucchini, summer squash & carrot "noodles"
Thur - Chicken salad in a cantaloupe bowl
Fri - Eat Out!
Sat - Farm Fresh Dinner (whatever comes out of my garden or out of the field)

This past week I spent more time cleaning than exercising. That should have been healthy, but I also wasn't sleeping well. It is a bad combination. I feel rather puffy and can't wait to get back on track after my Mom leaves.

I hope everyone has a great week and stays motivated!

*Disclaimer - This post is sponsored by Unreal Candy and hosted by Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway. All opinions are my own.

Pin It