Sunday, July 15, 2012

Updating the Kids' Summer Wardrobe, Without Breaking the Bank #CookiesKids

With the sun, warmth and abundance of fresh fruit and veggies available in the Summer my kids seem to grow like weeds!

So with a family camp coming up, I wanted to get my kids some new outfits but stay within our limited budget. I utilize hand-me-downs whenever possible, but since I have a girl and a boy that isn't always practical. I also don't have a lot of extra time to drag the kids out shopping, I prefer to shop online.

Have you ever shopped at Cookies Kids?




With a large selection and great prices, this was exactly what I needed to update my kids' closets. My kids spend a lot of time playing outside, in the sandbox, getting dirty and I wanted kids clothes that were cute, comfortable and durable...all at low prices, of course!

This year #CookiesKids is celebrating their 40th year of business. In 1972, two brothers, Cookie and Marvin, started a business in Jamaica, Queens with holiday toys. It was so successful they put their profits into buying children's clothing for the next season. This continued and their business grew. Over the years they added their brother, Sonny, more stores and school uniforms. CookiesKids.com was founded in 2007.

I was happy the site included size guides to follow and I could search inventory by item type or size. If I had a wishlist this would be it for my daughter:

Hello Kitty Set for Audrey - #CookiesKids



My daughter loves kids fashion (can a 3-year old be a fashionista?) and anything with her favorite characters on it. I purchased the Hello Kitty hooded sweat set this time and will be back to get a few more items later. This shopping trip I was sticking to the essentials and trying to stay within my $30 budget.



I let my children help select items since every kid's style is different, and my son chose this Lego Batman 2-Pack Pajama set - for only $6.99! As you can tell by my shopping cart I kept adding and deleting items.  I went over my budget, but still ended up with some great clothing. Take a peek at my entire shopping experience and what else I found in my Google+ album.

I made my order on the 5th (Thursday) and it arrived as ordered on the 10th (Tuesday). I was sent order confirmation and a shipping status after I placed my order. I couldn't wait to see if everything fit!


So, without further ado, here is the reveal...


My son couldn't help but strike a super-hero pose in his new favorite pajamas! These will be perfect for our trip.


My daughter was all smiles when wearing her Hello Kitty set for the first time. It fits her and her personality perfectly.


This shirt was a last-minute impulse buy from the clearance section. At only $3.99 I couldn't pass it up.


I think the ruffle is darling but she likes the sparkles on the front the best. And my son couldn't wait to wear his Spider-Man T-shirt. I love his him in bright colors since he has such fair skin and strawberry blonde hair.


All that plus another outfit for my daughter and another pajama set for my son for around $40. I am almost set for camp clothing now and I still have money left over for extra snacks and travel surprises for the kids. I think I did pretty good! The kids also agree that we are happy customers.


Go take a peak around the Cookies Kids site. You might be surprised how many items your will fall in love with and how affordable it can be. Be sure to follow them on their Facebook page and on twitter for updates and promotions.

What do you need to update in your kids' wardrobe?



*Disclaimer - I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and CookiesKids.com #CBias #SocialFabric #CookiesKids. All opinions are my own.
Andrea
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Who knew Hello Kitty and Spider Man went so well together! Thanks for writing and be sure to "Like" our Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...they are so adorable in their new clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I really feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.
    http://antonioroberts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you got some great clothes for not a lot of money! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!