Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'll Show You Mine... My Food

Trisha over at MomDot is asking fellow bloggers to post candid pics, ahem, with their pants down. Okay, not literally.

Today she asked us to show off (Eeek!) our pantries and fridges. Yes, As Is... no quick cleaning, tossing or straightening. I am stocked to the gills, so here it is:


My fridge is frightening... I admit it. Yes, this is just for 4 people. But, I do actually go through everything weekly and use up or toss. My problem is I make my sauces and all from scratch, so there are containers full of dressings, marinades, or bits and pieces. After taking this photo I will be sitting down to organize, thank you.


I call this my pantry. It is a double door, but shallow storage for non-perishables. My vinegar, seasonings boxed mixes, pastas, etc. are all here. The kids trash the bottom two levels, and I am not very organized on the top two.


The utility room is where I stash all the Costco food. The over-sized and bulk items are ready here. This is marginally better.

Want to play? Just show off your fridge and pantry and link-up over on MomDot. Come on, share the shame. Now, if you will excuse me... I have some food to organize.
Andrea
Pin It

31 comments:

  1. Mmm, I wanna come over to your house because you have loads of food! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your stocked up must of went shopping recently

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are certainly stocked up! Wish I had more room to do this with. Thinking about adding shelving to the back bedroom that isn't being used. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to come shopping at your house. You are set :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohmygoodness I think we could eat for 2 months from your pantry alone LOL That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we had that much food! I wouldn't have to go shopping for months :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's one full but healthy looking fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw Bragg's apple cider vinegar up there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. Can I come over and do my shopping in your pantry? Looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You have quite the stash! I love that so many people have Daisy sour cream, it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that Daisy container is filled with fresh pesto! ;) I reuse containers and that is why I have several butter and sour cream tubs in there. I don't actually buy a dozen at once. Lol!

      Delete
  12. What's in the silver packet in your fridge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Silver Package is Wheat Starch and behind it Bread Mix for my kids. They have PKU and have a very restrictive diet. I make their food from scratch in order to avoid any high-protein items (dairy, meat, nuts, grain, etc.)

      Delete
  13. You have lots of room to store food, nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. When you eat a lot of fresh food, you'll have a stuffed fridge!! I love that you make all your own sauces - well done for your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love seeing all the GREEN in your fridge! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! Everything looks so organized even though it's packed! I need to get more organized... or so I keep telling myself!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think if we had a hurricane, i would be at your house!

    trisha

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was wondering what the little jars of white stuff are but I'm going to assume a homemade sauce? Mayo? Ranch? Yogurt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandi, that is homemade Greek yogurt. :) Sauces are stashed in the extra butter and sour cream tubs.Lol.

      Delete
  19. Wow, you do have a lot of stuff in there, but it is relatively neat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw some fresh produce in the fridge. That's not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love those sweet and salty nut bars - yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn't take a picture of the bulk stuff. It is no where as neat as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are all set for the Zombie Apocalypse!
    I'm headed to your house when the time comes. =)
    You seem really organized to me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you have the extra space for food! The next time I buy a house that is going to be one of my #1 requirements (Food Space) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks really organized, you have a lot of food!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! I thought my mother inlaw had a stocked fridge!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. One day my fridge will look this full and I'll have a pantry worth taking a photo of! At the moment our pantry is tiny and everything is just chucked in there... It's a major drama to find anything!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!