Thursday, August 16, 2012

Project 365 - Don't Get Me Started on the Deer!


This is chard...


Or should I say what is left over when deer come for dinner. Ugh.

I went out to weed a few rows of chard and this is all I found. Evidence there were plants, but the deer got to them first. They also took out the butter head lettuce I was trying this year.

The next time you admire some deer in the countryside, and I find them beautiful myself, remember they aren't the most considerate of dinner guests. In fact, since there aren't enough predators to control their numbers on farm land, they are just pests. Sorry, Bambi. You are not welcome here.

Andrea
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. That would annoy me too. We don't have any deer pressure, but we currently have grasshoppers munching on our Swiss chard and a raccoon or something tried to get at our chickens and turkeys over the weekend. Thankfully they all survived whatever "it" was.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!