Monday, September 24, 2012

Motivated Monday - It Isn't the End of the World

Happy Monday!

Do I sound chipper? Well, some days the only thing you can control is your attitude and your outlook. Frustration and feeling down are not nearly as productive as pushing through. And when it comes to a few ounces, or pounds on the scale, well... it isn't the end of the world.

Now, I don't mean you shouldn't care about your weight. No. I care deeply. But sometimes it just isn't worth fretting the ups and downs. I made the conscious effort today to put my head down, put the time in and do something good for myself. The scale is a tool, not a put-down. Starting the week. off by looking at the scale isn't my favorite thing to do, but it is a responsible one. I don't want to get far off track.

With Fall comes some of my favorite foods. I love our squash, prunes, apples and even the last bit of corn. Broccoli, brussel sprouts and cauliflower will grace our table along with my favorite root crops, beets, rutabagas and carrots. The best (and easiest) way I have found to prepare them is still roasting in the oven to bring out their natural sugars. Eating seasonal right now couldn't be easier to do. So many great options and all are easy on the wallet as well.

Today I am digging my way out of a backlog of "to-do" items so this post will be short. I found some great online friends to keep me more accountable for the week and I have a game plan in place with things I know work for me. My meal plan just needs to go up on my fridge dry-erase board and I will be ready to face the challenges this new week will bring. Are you ready to face life?

So, the moment of truth... my scale pic:




no loss this week


GOAL: 175lbs  - Current 208.6lbs  = 33.6lbs to lose
        9/2                Current 204.8lbs = 29.9 lbs to lose
        9/9                Current 203.4lbs = 28.5 lbs to lose
        9/16              Current 202.6lbs = 27.6 lbs to lose
        9/24              Current 203.4lbs = 28.5 lbs to lose


If you didn't see what you hoped to on the scale this morning, remember, it isn't the end of the world. Keep working hard, sweating, playing, eating right and enjoying each day. This journey is about being healthy, and hopefully not just a number.
Andrea
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. You're right - it *isn't* the end of the world! Love your positive outlook. In the long run, you're still on your way to your goal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, it isn't the end of the world. :) You are doing awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your attitude rocks. Seriously, it's not the end of the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the attitude to have!!

    You can't control what happens, but you can control your reaction to it :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!