Monday, October 15, 2012

Motivated Monday - Fatigue is NOT my Friend

Happy Monday everyone!

Last week was rough. I was fighting the dreaded fatigue. Know what I mean? I was tired, unmotivated and really feeling defeated.

The funny thing was I was drinking water, eating good food and getting more sleep than usual. Well, the sleep was courtesy of falling asleep as the sun went down and not waking up till my kids assaulted me bright and early in the morning.

Despite the struggle, and it all felt uphill, I was able to get out and walk, hike and do yoga.

So take that fatigue! I am stronger than a silly virus/bug and I am not easily dissuaded from my goals. I will work out everyday and I know it will pay off soon.

Food is always my weakness but, I ate clean and loved every bite. Here is a highlight of the weekend:


This Cheesy Broccoli and Zucchini Quinoa was warm and delicious!


This roasted cauliflower with cumin and garam masala rocked my taste buds.


And Eggplant Involtini stuffed with kale and ricotta was divine!


Of course don't miss the Lemon Yogurt Sauteed Vegetables over Orzo, posted over on Mamavation.com. This made for a light and lovely lunch. Change up the base with your grain of choice or even salad to suit your tastes and diet.

Here is my Meal Plan for the week:

Mon - Vegetable Fritatta, Shoyu Steamed Pumpkin, Broiled Cabbage
Tue - Cabbage Rolls with Turkey, Corn Chowder
Wed - Meatloaf (lamb & beef), Mashed Rutabega, Roasted Green Beans, Rubbed Kale Salad
Thur - Homemade Ravioli with Kale and Leek filling, Homemade Marinara Sauce
Fri - Out
Sat - Tuna Casserole (I am reworking this recipe to have 2x the veggies & 1/2 the tuna), Salad
Sun - Leftovers

I am not going to make a workout plan this week as I am riding out fatigue. Truly I am fall-down sleepy during the day so my goals are to get my morning walk in with the kids (3.4 miles usually gets me to 10,000 steps!) and a yoga or cardio DVD.




I lost 1.4 lbs this past week!


GOAL: 175lbs  - Current 208.6lbs  = 33.6lbs to lose
        9/2                Current 204.8lbs = 29.9 lbs to lose
        9/9                Current 203.4lbs = 28.5 lbs to lose
        9/16              Current 202.6lbs = 27.6 lbs to lose
      10/15              Current 201.2lbs = 26.4 lbs to lose



What are your plans for the week? What have you been eating?
Andrea
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I need to start stalking your blog for recipes!

    You always have yummy looking meal plans and I SO need to put more effort into dinner around here.... Maybe it will get my picky eater more open to different foods?

    Have a great week and hope you can kick fatigue out and show it who's boss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food looks wonderful! I'm trying to get my family to eat more clean, so these are some great ideas, thanks you!

    Hope you get plenty of rest this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks great! I'm currently eating clean and loving it. It gives me lots of energy. Thanks for the recipe ideas. Good luck to you;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot woot on the weight loss!!! your food looks so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the weight loss! I made the lemon yogurt veggies tonight, it was so good!! That quinoa looks delish, too!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!