Monday, October 15, 2012

Roasted Cauliflower #Recipe - The Secret Recipe Club


With October comes time for a new recipe from my favorite culinary group. This month for the Secret Recipe Club I was assigned to Mostly Food And Crafts. Danielle has a great site with many fabulous recipe ideas to try. One my list to make soon are her artichoke bread, her Chicken Paprikash and Tandoori Chicken and Cucumber Raita recipes. I finally decided to make her Roasted Cauliflower, since I have had quite a craving for veggies lately and there is fresh cauliflower available on the farm. Be sure to check out the original recipe, the site and share a little Secret Recipe Club love!


Secret Recipe Club



So, cauliflower isn't your thing? 


Well, I have two idea for you... first, fresh cauliflower is actually sweet. As it sits it takes on a more bitter taste. If that is why you shy away, try to find some locally from a farm stand or your local farmer's market. If you still don't think the white crunchy cloud is for you, try it roasted. Roasting does wonders for all the members of the brassica family. From Brussels Sprouts to cabbage, a little olive oil, salt and oven roasting will bring out the sweetest qualities in the humble vegetable.

This recipe combines a veggie I love and roasting with a fabulous party of seasonings for your mouth. How could I not give it a try?



Roasted Cauliflower

You Will Need:

1 medium head of cauliflower,  cut into 1 inch peices
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garam masala

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

Toss the cauliflower in a large bowl with both olive oil and spices. Spread onto a single layer on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until the sides begin to turn golden brown. Turn every 10 minutes to prevent burning. 

Great served warm from the oven or cold. 


Enjoy!


Andrea
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of roasted cauliflower. I can't wait to try this version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just love Roasted Cauliflower, this is a great recipe. Great selection for the SRC.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cauliflower, and any vegetable roasted is delicious in my book, so this looks like an absolutely fantastic dish. Awesome choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I happen to have an extra head of cauliflower in my fridge right now. This might be the ticket! Thanks for sharing with the SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing Cauliflower Recipes
    ! This looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at Roasted Cauliflower!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!