Thursday, November 8, 2012

How About a Little Kick with Your Veggies? V8 V-Fusion® + Energy


I am a busy Mom and am not usually a fan of energy drinks. I enjoy my cup of coffee, and try my best to stay awake naturally. But when I heard about V8 V-Fusion® + Energy, I was intrigued. I am a big fan of the classic V8 juice and the thought of an energy drink with a serving of vegetables and fruit in it sounded like a great idea!

I found V8 V-Fusion® + Energy in my local Safeway in the juice aisle. They had both the Pomegranate Blueberry flavor and the Peach Mango. Of course, I had to grab a case of each to try. Both are only 50 calories.


I tried both flavors and enjoyed the Pomegranate Blueberry the best. My husband was also impressed with the taste. He is more the energy drink afficianado. The flavor wasn't what I have come to expect from energy drinks, there was no medicinal taste at all. I served mine over ice and it was smooth and enjoyable. Stronger than their juices, but sweeter and easier to drink than other energy products I have tried. I think that is why I usually shy away from them energy drink options.

 I could definitely taste the juice coming through in this V8 product. The vegetable nutrition is what sets this product apart.

The energy is supplied from natural green tea, which I am already a fan of, so I didn't notice any adverse affects from the caffeine. I like green tea because it is slow releasing caffeine and sustains me for longer periods of time.

Did I notice more energy after drinking a can? A little. I am okay with that. I am not looking for any serious boosting, just a little nudge to help me through my afternoon and to keep up with my children.

Don't worry. Now that I am pregnant my husband gets all the V8 V-Fusion® + Energy to himself.

Lucky guy.


*Disclaimer - I am blogging as part of the Smiley360 Blogger Program. I was supplied with products for my review, but all opinions and experiences are 100% my own.

Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!