Friday, November 2, 2012

My Big Birthday Announcement

Today I turn 34.

When I was younger I had my life all planned out. I would have both a boy and girl at age 26 and 28. I would travel the world, etc., etc.

Life of course, isn't always what we expect. I think it usually turns out far better than a 12-year old could have ever imagined.

Of course, the decision to add another child to our family was a tough one. More all-nighters? More diapers? I definitely knew the work involved. But, I didn't expect the wait. So, after hoping and wishing I can finally announce:


The kids are thrilled that mommy isn't just sick everyday for nothing. After some bum tests, it is pretty hard to ignore all the physical signs that point to pregnancy.

The downside?

I haven't had an appetite. I haven't spent much time in the kitchen. My food posts have fallen off and pancakes and waffles have become a house staple.

Don't worry. I am slowly getting back on my feet. Yesterday I had an epiphany. American cuisine just wasn't cutting it for me. The only thing that speaks to me are spices, curries and ginger. So hold on to your aprons! I expect to bust out with some of my favorite Thai, Japanese and Chinese recipes in the coming months.

The perks?

Lately my darling husband has been pitching in more around the house. Love that!

I can sleep from 8pm to 8am without anyone saying anything.

I can experience a whole range of emotions during one commercial break. I am sure Kleenex has seen a rise in our local tissue sales.

More time to snuggle and play with my kids. I haven't really had the energy for much more than that.

Never fear, this isn't a baby blog. Food is still the binding factor of my life. I will be sharing some of my journey, favorite products and the highlights of this SAHM doing it all again for baby #3.
Andrea
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you! I completely hear you on the "not-in-the-kitchen" problem! I'm so glad to finally be in the honeymoon phase and able to feed my family again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for that Lydia! Thank you.

      It is so hard to browse Pinterest and not even be interested. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday and congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!