I remember the first time I saw Emmy Rossum in a movie. Such a small girl, belting out a big song. Wide-eyed with an angelic voice she captured my heart in The Songcatcher. I followed her voice and acting talent in Phantom of the Opera and knew she would be onto bigger and better things in the future. So much talent!
So, when I heard she was coming out with her first CD, I had to hear it.
The album was released on January 29th and the collection is available right now for immediate gratification. Sentimental Journey consists of 12 songs that each represent a month of the year and span classics through the American Songbook. All were songs I have heard before, and enjoyed. It was lovely to hear Emmy Rossum's spin on each.
Here is the Sentimental Journey Track Listing:
- “Sentimental Journey” (Les Brown, Ben Homer, Arthur Green)
- “The Object Of My Affection” (Pinky Tomlin)
- “I’m Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover “(Mort Dixon, Harry M. Woods)
- “These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)” (Eric Maschwitz, Jack Strachey)
- “(I’ll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time” (Albert Von Tilzer, Neville Fleeson)
- “Summer Wind” (Heinz Meier, Johnny Mercer)
- “Many Tears Ago” (Winfield Scott)
- “All I Do Is Dream Of You” (Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed)
- “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out” (Jimmy Cox)
- “Autumn Leaves” (Joseph Kosma, Jacques Prévert)
- “Things” (Bobby Darin)
- “Pretty Paper” (Willie Nelson)
I had a lovely time listening to the CD. It was the perfect album to listen to during "me" time or while I was relaxing in the afternoon. I recommend giving it a listen and I'm sure you'll fall in love with her voice as well. I think Sentimental Journey was my favorite, but I just love that song to begin with.
Catch Emmy Rossum on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on February 6th. Or connect with her on Twitter.
Grab your own copy on Amazon today.
*Disclaimer - I participated in this campaign for One2One Network. I received a free copy of the CD to facilitate my review. By posting, I am eligible for incentives. All opinions stated are my own.