Last week we enjoyed a vacation away. Though we were still in the soggy and grey Pacific Northwest, we spent the week at Great Wolf Lodge, a water park where all you really need is a bathing suit and pajamas. It also meant we ate most of our meals out. That was a vacation I desperately needed.
I say most, because Great Wolf Lodge offers fridges and microwaves in each room. I made baked oatmeal and took items for lunch though we ended up mainly eating leftovers from our meals out.
By the end of our break I was starting to really feel it. Not used to all the added sodium or preservatives, I knew I wanted to start meal planning and clean eating as soon as we came back home. I loaded up our grocery cart with a wide variety of foods and an idea that getting back to my meal planning would help to make sure nothing was wasted. This time of year even parsley and salad mix can come with a steep price tag. There is no sense in throwing my money away.
So baby steps. This week I am planning and prepping with an idea that next week I hope to show off what I have been up to. I still need to massively overhaul my freezers and pantry with an eye on the new baby's arrival in June. Sadly, my energy has been low so I hope better food will help to fuel my projects.
What's Cooking in our Kitchen This Week:
- Monday: Lemon & Kale Baked Pasta with salad & fresh bake biscuits (recipe to be posted soon!)
- Tuesday: Korean Tacos & Homemade Kimchi
- Wednesday: Potato & Ham Bake with green beans, salad and homemade vinaigrette - freezer friendly meal
- Thursday: Leftovers
- Friday: Crock pot Corned Beef, cabbage & potatoes with bacon and cheese popovers
- Saturday: Homemade gyoza with hand-rolled wrappers, egg drop soup and rubbed kale salad
- Sunday: Breakfast for dinner
- Honey Oat Loaf for toast and sandwiches
- Gyoza wrappers
- Homemade Yogurt
- Homemade Granola
So what will be cooking up in your kitchen this week?