Monday, March 4, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - Cooking with Real Food 3/4/2013



Last week we enjoyed a vacation away. Though we were still in the soggy and grey Pacific Northwest, we spent the week at Great Wolf Lodge, a water park where all you really need is a bathing suit and pajamas. It also meant we ate most of our meals out. That was a vacation I desperately needed.

I say most, because Great Wolf Lodge offers fridges and microwaves in each room. I made baked oatmeal and took items for lunch though we ended up mainly eating leftovers from our meals out.

By the end of our break I was starting to really feel it. Not used to all the added sodium or preservatives, I knew I wanted to start meal planning and clean eating as soon as we came back home. I loaded up our grocery cart with a wide variety of foods and an idea that getting back to my meal planning would help to make sure nothing was wasted. This time of year even parsley and salad mix can come with a steep price tag. There is no sense in throwing my money away.

So baby steps. This week I am planning and prepping with an idea that next week I hope to show off what I have been up to. I still need to massively overhaul my freezers and pantry with an eye on the new baby's arrival in June. Sadly, my energy has been low so I hope better food will help to fuel my projects.

What's Cooking in our Kitchen This Week:

  • Monday: Lemon & Kale Baked Pasta with salad & fresh bake biscuits (recipe to be posted soon!)
  • Tuesday: Korean Tacos & Homemade Kimchi 
  • Wednesday: Potato & Ham Bake with green beans, salad and homemade vinaigrette - freezer friendly meal 
  • Thursday: Leftovers
  • Friday: Crock pot Corned Beef, cabbage & potatoes with bacon and cheese popovers
  • Saturday: Homemade gyoza with hand-rolled wrappers, egg drop soup and rubbed kale salad
  • Sunday: Breakfast for dinner
To Make:
  • Honey Oat Loaf for toast and sandwiches
  • Gyoza wrappers
  • Homemade Yogurt
  • Homemade Granola

So what will be cooking up in your kitchen this week?


Andrea
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Heya administrator, I just wanted to give you a quick
    heads up that your Link: http://www.blogger.com/comment.
    g?blogID=5633949315728216739&postID=6615821145206778264 is being flagged as
    a potentially harmful internet site in my internet browser safari.
    I would highly suggest having someone look into it. You could very well lose a lot of website visitors due to this kind
    of issue. Very best of Luck.

    Here is my web site ... comp
    my page > weblog

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!