Saturday, April 6, 2013

Skin Care for a Busy Mom - Olay Fresh Effects New Product Line

I have a confession. Despite being 34, I don't always take good care of my skin. Yes, I know what I should do, but most days I just don't find the time. Add to that having to wade through all the products in the beauty aisle and trying to narrow down what I need for a good beauty regime. I just don't have the time. Sadly, I have been using some of the same products since high school. The products are the same, but my skin's needs sure have changed.

What if I told you that Olay Fresh Effects new product line must have been developed with busy moms like me in mind? Following this beauty regime has been fool-proof, easy and I love the results.


I am not a teenager or even in my 20's anymore. I used to spend hours on my face and make-up. That was before my kids and life in general took over. Now I notice the fine lines, skin changes and with pregnancy and a whole cocktail of hormones, most days I'm a mess.  I need help, a grown up cleanser and moisturizer to start with.

The generous folks at Olay sent me this fun vanity to celebrate their new products. My daughter has her eye on it already. It was filled with a great assortment of items to share with all of you. You can find all these Olay Fresh Effects skin care products at your local Walmart.



First off I rely on a good exfoliater. Bead me Up! Exfoliating Cleanser contains gentle foaming bubbles and microbeads to clean away rough skin and let a more refreshed face shine through. The scent is mild and my skin felt softer after use without feeling sensitive or being irritated.

After 4 days of use my skin was smoother and tighter looking.


I was also sent a package of S'wipe Out!. Now I have used make-up removal towelettes before at the gym, etc. but now I really understand how smart these are to have on hand. I know it is gross, but I have turned in after a long day and slept in my make-up. Being too tired isn't an excuse with these cloths handy. I could use them anywhere since they are pre-moistened and do not require a rinse afterwards. Now I no longer have an excuse to skip this step.


Then there is Va-Va-Vivid. This powered contour cleansing system goes along with the Shine, Shine Go Away! cleanser. Oh, this was so much fun! Soft bristles do all the work to massage and clean my skin. This is one new step to my cleaning routine I  have embraced with open arms. If you haven't tried it before, I insist you do.

After a long day it feels amazing and it has done amazing things for the circulation on my face. The triangular head fits into all the areas of my face, especially the angles in my T-zone.


Last, and most importantly, the product line includes two moisturizing options. Now, this step is one I know not to skip. 

I was sent the Long Live Moisture! lotion with a satin finish. What does that mean? It is light and grease-less going on and kept my face feeling smooth and hydrated all day. I definitely have some dry spots on my chin and nose and this really helped me without leaving those areas feeling or looking oily.


My absolute favorite product though was the BB Cream! It is a tinted moisturizer with SPF 15. Since I am always short on time I don't always put on much make-up. Usually a simple foundation and light blush - if I'm lucky. This product combines the essential moisturizing step with light coverage as well. I tried the light to medium tint and found it perfect for everyday use.

Love that they included a small amount of SPF in this product. Whether it is a cloudy or rainy day the sun's rays still beat down on my skin and I don't want to add any premature aging to my list of skin worries.

Yes, this is a great skin care option for a busy mom of soon to be 3! Overall I am very happy with these products and since they work so well together, I plan to keep on using them.


Have you seen the Olay Fresh Effects products in your Walmart, yet? Look for them in the beauty aisle. 

Connect with Olay products on their Facebook page or @OlayUS on twitter.

*Disclaimer - The Olay Fresh Effects product, information, and two gift packs have been provided by Olay. All opinions and experiences are my own. Olay does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statements or product claims made here, nor does it endorse any opinions expressed within this blogsite.
Andrea
Pin It

17 comments:

  1. Great article.

    Αlso vіsit my web-site Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check this out..I love the new branding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I love Olay! I haven't seen it in our local Walmart yet but will definitely keep an eye out. Love the bright & fresh packaging as well. It makes it seem more fun and not so serious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Olay products! We use them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Olay products! What a great post and I'm going to Walmart in a few i will check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet those smell good! I'd love to try the new line!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen these a few times in the store but I've never gave them a closer look... I'll be doing that next time I'm there! I love BB creams and anything that helps minimize shine/oil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow - I love the vibrant packaging with this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just noticed that at the store the other day. That fun, colorful packaging is hard to miss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No way! I love the packaging! I might have to try it :)

    I bet it would be a great gift for a teen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like using that kind of towelette and I'm SO going to try those and the cleanser too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen them yet, but I don't shop at walmart very often. I do love Olay face cleansing wipes and their tinted moisturizer. I think I may make a special trip to walmart just to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to try these. It looks like easy steps to get a cleaner healthier face.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to try the facial cloths!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like Olay! They are a great brand and seem to be on top of researching skin care technology!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your pictures! I need to get mine up soon! They were great products.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice! I really like Olay products! Will have to keep my eye out for the new stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!