Saturday, August 10, 2013

Family Snacking with Green Giant Veggie Snack Chips #spon


#GiantFlavor

I love a good crunchy snack. Who doesn't? Salty or sweet, it has gotta pack a good crunch. My kids are down with the crunch as well, but as a Mom I want to make better choices for them. Greasy potato chips were a part of my child hood, but that is so 80's, isn't it?

I was excited to try the new Green Giant Veggie Snack Chips because they offered a fun new way to achieve my beloved crunch. So, what were they like?

Green Giant

Well, I was sent both Green Giant Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips in Garden Ranch and Green Giant Multigrain Sweet Potato Chip in Barbecue.  The Veggie Tortilla Chips were a big hit with my husband and I. I offered him the bag to try during lunch, and he handed it back with a handful of crumbs in the bottom. I would say he approved. It is a good thing I grabbed a few before he got a hold of them.

The garden ranch flavor was nice. The chips had a great texture, like other multigrain chips, but the flavoring wasn't overpowering. The kids tried this one, but we decided it was more of a grown up flavor. I didn't mind. When I buy chips the last thing I want is for my kids to eat them all!

I opened up the Green Giant Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips in Barbecue for the kids. They love sweet potato fries, so they were eager to try these chips. It was a sweet and slightly smokey barbecue flavor that they both enjoyed.

Snack Chips

My daughter requested these every day since they arrived. We had a few with lunch everyday, so they are definitely kid approved. She had no idea that they were made out of vegetables. I don't think I need to worry her about that.

I appreciated that both varieties of chip were not greasy or oily. My kids could enjoy their snack and I didn't worry about them smearing their clothing or the rest of the house.

These are still snacks and I try to be picky about what I feed my family. I love the idea that these contain whole grains and vegetables. That makes me feel like a smart Mom. Or at least I can choose a smart snack.


Where can you find these new fun chips? I have already seen them in my local grocery store, so keep your eyes peeled to snag your own bag. If you like a good crunch, like I do, give these a try and let me know what you think!

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!