Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sweet and Sour Chicken - A Quick Family Meal

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This week I tried out the new Kraft Recipe Makers meal kit in Sweet and Sour Chicken to make a quick family meal. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client. #kraftrecipemakers #cbias #shop

#kraftrecipemakers

Next month I will be sending my oldest off to school. I know things are going to get busier with PTAN meetings, activities, and catching up on his day. But this past week has been crazy busy, too! I mean, there is a lot to get ready for one little boy to enter Kindergarten.

Let's not forget that I now have 3 kids. I don't know where all the time in my day goes. I would like to tell you that we can just order take-out when my day runs away from me, but in rural Oregon there are few options and good Chinese food is not one of them. Those days I am left wondering what to make.

I might be a little picky. A Summer spent traveling around China solo had me hooked on the flavors, sauces and spices. At home it takes a long time for me to throw together my own Asian-dine-in meal. There are all the ingredients I need to find, reducing of sauces, cornstarch to tighten them up and more meal prep to be done.

Instead, I heard about Kraft Recipe Makers and the Sweet & Sour Chicken meal kit. They actually have a whole list of great flavor option, but the Sweet & Sour Chicken called to me and my love of a little Chinese food flair. So, off to Walmart I went for our weekly shopping trip, and I picked up all the staples I needed to pull off this quick family meal.

Kraft Recipe Makers

This couldn't have been simpler! The box lists the ingredients needed, clear instructions and even comes with 2 additional recipes inside the box. Truly an easy meal maker. Inside the box I found 2 sauces. There was a Sesame Ginger Simmer Sauce and a Sweet & Sour Pineapple Finishing Sauce. You can also view the complete recipe on the Kraft website.

Sweet & Sour Chicken

Mmmm... the Sesame Ginger sauce smelled amazing! It was used to simmer with the bite-sized chicken pieces. Oh, the whole house already had the inviting smells of Chinese food.

#kraftrecipemakers

Then I added in my vegetables; onion and bell peppers. When they were crisp tender I added the pineapple and the other sauce, the Sweet & Sour Pineapple Finishing Sauce.

Sweet & Sour Pineapple Finishing Sauce

I served it over brown rice and that was all I really needed. Paired with a simple salad, that is how we do family meals around here. I am happy to report it all went quickly and there weren't even leftovers.

Who needs take-out? I can make it fast and easy at home!

Quick Family Meal

Sweet and tangy, the sauce was delicious. Make sure to grab enough rice so you don't waste a single sweet drop of it. You can grab your own box in Walmart's pasta aisle to make this meal for your own family.

Connect with Kraft Foods on Facebook for promotions, coupons and product announcements.

So, do you have a favorite fast family meal?
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!