With the birth of my first child I learned that a tiny little baby required a whole lot of stuff! As a new parent, I was very grateful for a baby registry. Not only did it help me let family and friends know what I still needed, but it kept me on track for preparing for baby.
With my third baby I didn't need nearly as many items, I had plenty of hand-me-downs from big sister and brother, but there are always items that need to be replaced or I wanted to make life easier this time around. If you are a first time parent, or even going around for another go, here are 5 items I think are essential for any gift registry. People will always include cute items they find, but sometimes a new Mom still needs the basic stuff like:
- Diapers - cloth or disposable, let your friends and family help out. You will go through more than you think in those first weeks.
- Disposable Changing Pads - I think everyone should have a stash handy of these for diaper changing while on the go. Not only would a baby roll around on a plastic surface, but I don't want them to touch those public trays. Some changing surfaces and public changing tables are so grimy you will want to throw away your pad afterwards. Many diaper bags come with comfy pads to use, but you won't want it touching some of those surfaces. Believe me!
- Bottle Brush - If you bottle feed, pump or even use sippy cups later on, you will want a good bottle brush. They are handy to have and should be replaced often, so stock up.
- Diaper Rash Cream - I can never seem to find a tube when I need it. Having extra tubes on hand allow you to keep on in your diaper bag, at the changing table, in the car, etc.
- Extra Crib Sheets/ Mattress protector - From spit-up to diaper leaks, it is nice to have extras on hand without having to do laundry every day.
Be sure to go through any other baby gear you already have before creating your list. When I was getting close to having my 3rd child, we discovered that we had no idea what happened to several crucial pieces of baby gear like chairs, swings and my nursing pillow. I was sure to add those to my registry so I was ready for baby.
Babies "R" Us wants to give a $50 Babies "R" Us Gift Card to one lucky reader here on Adventures in All Things Food & Family. I know that can will come in handy for someone. Fill out the rafflecopter widget below to enter. This giveaway ends 10/9. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway