Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Need a Solo Meal, Fast? Tai Pei to the Rescue!

*Disclaimer - This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Tai Pei® blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.


With my son at school, my daughter going through a picky eater phase and a husband who cancels lunch plans last minute, I am often left with the question of, "What should I make for lunch?"

I don't see the point in making anything special when I am eating solo. There is always laundry to be done or projects to tackle, so I like to grab something quick. Yesterday was just such a day.

With no left-overs handy and not even a spare slice of bread to be found, I was hungry. I grabbed a Tai Pei single serve Orange Chicken entree from the freezer. I double checked the cute little take-out box... just heat and eat. Rice was included and instructions asked me to leave the wrapping on the box - to get all the food inside steamed and perfect!

I love that you don't even need to add water, or remove or stir anything. It is ready to go directly from the freezer to the microwave. I can handle that.


I love Asian-style takeout, but in my small town, it just isn't an option. Am I the only one who loves reading her fortune after a meal of Chinese food? Well, the cute little take-out boxes have a QR-code on the side, so I can get my fortune fix - minus the stale cookie.

I'm really okay with that.



How was the Orange Chicken?

Delicious!

Filled with tender chicken, lots of vegetables, and fluffy rice this chef-created, restaurant-inspired dish was filling and a real mid-day treat.

How was the Preparation?

Couldn't be simpler! It was ready for me to enjoy in just a few minutes.

And if you like variety in your life, check out all the entrée options:  Beef & Broccoli, Bourbon Chicken, Cashew Chicken, Chicken Fried Rice, Chicken Chow Mein, Combination Fried Rice, General Tso’s Chicken, Orange Chicken, Pepper Beef, Shrimp Fried Rice, Sweet & Sour Chicken, and Sweet Teriyaki Chicken.

They also have the Tai Pei Asian Garden™ line with 8 flavor varieties that are low if calories, fat and sodium. Each of these entrées contain around 300 calories, 8 grams of fat or less. Yes, Asian-style quick meals without all the added guilt.

And look for the single-serve appetizers and multi-serve appetizers to share with the whole family in the freezer section like: Chicken Egg Rolls, Chicken Potstickers, Pork Egg Rolls, Pork Potstickers, Vegetable Egg Rolls, Battered Green Beans, Edamame, Mini Chicken Spring Rolls, Savory Chicken for Lettuce Wraps, Spicy Mini Chicken Egg Rolls, and Mini Vegetable Spring Rolls.

Now I can look forward to my next solo meal with Tai Pei.


Download a Buy One Get One FREE Coupon to try it for yourself.

This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Tai Pei® blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!