Ready to go anywhere?
Ready to be in your office on-the-go, at a coffee shop or at the park with your kids?
Yes, Microsoft Office 365 is here to make us view our work space differently. Not tied to a desk, but anywhere we want our documents and information. I don't know about you, but I am never at a desk. Today's social media movers and shakers have to be mobile and I love that Microsoft has acknowledged this.
"The 9 to 5 has blurred and today people need modern technology to find balance. From home to the office, and especially on the go, people all around the world are working differently than the past."
Talking about "documents" might be a little too formal. See, I am married to a farmer who basically has 500 acres of office. He keeps track of everything from seed orders to planting and pest management schedules. I run the day to day household stuff including shopping lists, meal planning (above) and everything to do with the children and all of our family appointments. Add in my blog and I probably use two or more of the Office applications daily. We both need to access our saved information constantly, but are not always at home.
I need a better and more flexible way to work.
Here is my husband accessing the cloud on his smart phone. He can get things done even while sitting with the kids.
Office 365 allows me and my husband this freedom. And, instead of all the new versions and upgrades, Microsoft is moving towards a subscription based product. My membership covers up to 5 devices, and since all my information is saved in the cloud on SkyDrive, I can access and work with my lists and information anywhere! And if I'm not near one of my 5 devices? I can still access my docs through Office on Demand. Slick, right?
When my last laptop died I was left without access to my previous files. It was painful! Anything that I hadn't backed up or saved elsewhere was corrupted or lost. Losing so much is something I never want to happen again. Even if this laptop goes belly up, I can get to all the projects and information I was working on on my phone, tablet or desktop. No problem.
Office 356 Includes:
- The latest and most complete set of Office applications: Word, Excell, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access.
- One license for the entire household to use Office on up to 5 devices including Windows tablets, PCs or Macs and Office on Demand from any Internet connected PC.
- An additional 20 GB of SkyDrive cloud storage.
- 60 free Skype world calling minutes per month to call mobile phones, landlines or PCs around the world.
- Future upgrades.
- Automatic save to SkyDrive so everything is accessible on your favorite devices from virtually anywhere.
You will notice with this version that mobile icons are easier to select, installation as always is fast and easy, and the complete bundle (with automatic upgrades) is a great deal.
Microsoft recently declared November 7, Get It Done Day, to start a movement for unbound accomplishers in and around NYC. Even if you don't happen to be ear the fun, you can join in by using the #GetItDone hashtag and through November 21st you can enter to win an all-expense-paid trip of a lifetime in their #GetItDone Contest.
Microsoft #GetItDone Contest
Show Microsoft how you Get It Done for a chance to win! You and a friend could win a trip to some of the most happening events anywhere. Get it done alongside the most accomplished athletes, filmmakers and musicians around - on a trip to NYC, a journey to Park City, Utah, or a musical voyage to Austin, Texas. Visit http://bit.ly/GetItDoneContest to share and enter to win:
- A February trip to NYC, America's most get it done city - with enough cash to buy tickets to the big football showdown, or catch your favorite Broadway show.
- Slap on your skis and head to Utah this January, where you can get it done in between indie flicks in Park City.
- Fly to Austin in March, where you'll enjoy a boot-scootin' week of living history, live music and interactive in the heart of Texas.
Where would you work if you could access your documents anywhere?