Saturday, November 30, 2013

Poached Egg over Stuffing and Kale Cups - Good Cook Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipe #96

*Disclaimer - I am part of the Good Cook Blogger Program and received these products for review. All opinions and experiences are my own. 
This year my Mom came from Florida to visit over the holidays. Usually after Thanksgiving I take a few days off of cooking and we exist on straight-up leftovers for at least 2 days. With company though, I wanted to transform those leftovers into something slightly different. That is how this breakfast was born.

It reminds me a little of the toad in a whole that my Mom used to make for me as a kid. I combined kale from my Thanksgiving rubbed kale salad with my homemade stuffing that already has bits of pancetta in it. So, it totally has the whole bacon, egg and toast thing going on. As always, my hens supplied the eggs and this brunch beauty came together in a snap.



Any green will do, but I happened to need to use up this kale. It was dressed in olive oil and lemon juice, but that didn't hurt anything. I used 2 eggs to bind together my cups and a little grated Parmesan cheese for added flavor.



Give it all a good mix...



Then fill up the Good Cook Nonstick Muffin Pan, that holds 6 cups. This is the same muffin pan that I used for yesterday's Cranberry Orange Oat Muffins. I used this pan in particular because it created perfect little individual servings for us. Again, this pan cleaned up beautifully and the stuffing cups popped right out. You can find both these recipes here or find the whole 101 recipe list of fun on the Good Cook site. 



Right before serving I poached my eggs to top the stuffing cups with. It was a lovely and simple way to use up those leftovers.



Poached Eggs over Stuffing and Kale Cups

You Will Need:
  • butter for greasing the pan
  • 2 c. leftover stuffing
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 c. kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
  • 1/4 c. Parmesan Cheese
  • 6 large eggs
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Use butter to grease the muffin pan. Set aside.

In a large bowl combine the stuffing, eggs, kale and Parmesan cheese. Fill each muffin well with about 1/3 cup of the stuffing mixture. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, until the cups are set and golden brown.

While the cups are cooling, start a large pot of water to boil. Turn it down to low when it just begins to simmer. I like very small bubbles in the water, but very little movement. Crack each egg into a small ramekin before gently pouring into the water. Pour slowly so the egg white doesn't spread too much. Test the eggs by gently pushing on the yolks. Remove with a slotted spoon before the yolks are solid. Serve immediately over the stuffing cups.

Enjoy! 




Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!