Saturday, April 19, 2014

Enjoying a little Easter Fun

Whatever you do, don't get between a crowd of kids and an Easter Egg Hunt...


They may be small, but all those little feet running you over, would leave plenty of bruises.

It was time again for the annual Easter Egg Hunt. No, we don't go for the city wide festivities, instead we go to a friend's house every year. The crowd seems to grow every Easter, but the kids have a blast.


Owen could barely contain his excitement. Bouncing off the wall would be putting it mildly. Of course we had the Easter Egg courtesy talk before getting out of the car, but I knew he was having a hard time controlling himself and making good decisions.

So, you can imagine how my heart swelled when I spotted him gifting eggs to younger children. He wanted the other kids to have plenty of eggs as well.


This is the first Easter for my youngest and he was excited by the brightly colored eggs and all the fuss we made when he found them. Of course he had a little help.



As someone who loves to craft and even craft with my kids on a regular basis, I am embarrassed to admit that this was the first year we have decorated eggs.

It has been a few years and I was pretty rusty.


But, armed with a load of supplies and some plastic dyeable eggs, I was ready. The kids had a blast and I already have ideas for next year. The kits, in my opinion, were not necessary. I could have spent a similar amount and have ended up with a bigger craft base for creative exploration. The wheels are turning and my kids can't wait to try their hand at Easter Eggs again.


Wishing everyone a beautiful and memorable Easter Sunday. I hope you all enjoy a great day with your family as well.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!