Friday, August 15, 2014

Hooked on Outlander? Check out the Outlander Scotland Sweepstakes

Did you catch the premier episode of Outlander last week? Oh, my! I just loved the cast they chose to bring ​Diana Gabaldon's series to life. Okay, it took me a few minutes to fall in love with the actor playing Jamie, ​Sam Heughan, but he has a gentleness that really fits the role. Though it might have been the mischevious way he threatened to throw Claire over his shoulders if she didn't come with him. Yeah, that was probably the moment I understood why he was cast in that role.

The rest was truly magically! The haunting music, the gorgeous location and the costume work was fabulous!




One real treat in the first episode was seeing an even more confident and stubborn Claire than I remember from the books. Little details like her giving the wrong foot as she was helped up the horse or how she reacted to the wet nurse comment made her an even stronger female character. My hats off to Caitriona Balfe and how she was written for the series.




You might not be able to travel back in time like Claire, but you could win a trip for two to Scotland in the Outlander Scotland Sweepstakes.

The sweepstakes is presented by Starz and Time Warner Cable and runs from 8/1-8/30. Please note, you must be a Time Warner Cable customer and 18 years or older to be eligible.

Outlander Scotland Sweepstakes Prizes include:
  • Airfare for two to Scotland
  • Country Roads of Scotland Tour (6 days, 7 nights including hotel)
  • Private Outlander Tour
  • $1000 Spending Money
  • 1 Year Starz Subscription
Enter on Time Warner Cable's Facebook Page.

If you haven't entered yet, be sure to do so now. It would be an amazing prize package to win!

You can also get a sneak preview of Outlander on 3 screen choices ( desktop, phone or tablet) right now on Starz. I am sure you will agree, this is the series to watch this year.

Are you an Outlander fan? I want to know if you are drawn to a series for the romance, action or setting?

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Time Warner Cable. The opinions and text are all mine.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!