Friday, August 15, 2014

Suddenly Grain Salads - Making Dinner Fast and Delicious!

Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op. All opinions and experiences are my own. #SuddenlyGrainSalad


I try to add whole grains to my family meals daily. One of my biggest pet peeves is having time to create a new and delicious whole grain dish that will be well received. Brown rice gets kinda old after a while, right? Not to mention that I have to plan enough ahead of time to get everything rinsed and cooking.

So I was intrigued when I heard Betty Crocker had created Suddenly Grain Salad Mixes. There are 3 different flavors, but all are a wholesome grain blend from the Suddlenly Pasta Salad mixes line you may have already tried.

I was sent all 3 flavors; Tuscan Grains, Harvest Grains and Southwest Grains and enjoyed both the ease of preparation and the flavors used.


The mixes contained 2 or 3 pouches. One contained the grain mix and was in a special perforated bag that was placed straight into the boiling water. This eliminates the need for a strainer! Brilliant. Yes, this mix would be a great addition to a vacation house meal or even for camping!

Another pouch held the seasoning mix. Once whisked with a little water or oil, it was ready to be tossed with the cooked and rinsed grain blend.

The Tuscan Grains even came with an additional pouch of nuts and driend fruit to garnish the top!


Prep was easy and the flavors are great! They are tasty but not too salty or overpowering. Even my toddler ate fist-fulls of the grain blends.

One thing I appreciated was these are not overly processed boxed grains. They still held some of the bite and texture that I expect when eating whole grains.

These Suddenly Grain Salad Mixes can be found with the rice, grains or pasta at all major grocery stores.

What would you serve with your Suddenly Grains Salads?


Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!