Sunday, November 2, 2014

Honey Parmesan Pork Roast - November Secret Recipe Club #Recipe


It definitely feels like Fall around here. Days are getting shorter and a comforting homemade meal at the end of the day is just what I am looking for. So, I brought out the Crock-Pots and made this amazing Honey Parmesan Pork Roast from Jessie Weaver's blog. 

Yes, it is November and time to celebrate another great Secret Recipe Club find and blogger.


This month I was assigned to http://www.jessieweaver.net/, where Jessie shares recipes and tips for fellow Moms and wives who feel imperfect. I know, join the club, right? Jessie also happens to be the fabulous lady who had my blog in the swap last month. She has 3 kids, a little younger than my own, and posts lunches, recipe as well as daily life as a busy Mom. 

This recipe stood out to me because it involved a Crock-Pot and I have never tried honey or Parmesan cheese on a pork roast before. I was intrigued, and it ended up making a fabulous dinner paired with mashed potatoes and oven roasted Brussels sprouts.

Oh, and you will love how few ingredients you need to make this one...


Honey, Parmesan, soy sauce, basil and garlic... it is quite a party in the sauce! Usually I don't add cheese to a glaze like this, but it was fabulous. The only deviation I made to Jessie's recipe was to throw in a few frozen basil cubes. I happened to have them on hand and did this in lieu of the dried basil.


I also seared the outside of my pork. But, that is as far as I strayed from her recipe. Really, it is fabulous on it's own... I just have a compulsion to sear the outside of my meat before putting it into the slow cooker. 


Everything gets a mix, then it gets poured over the pork. Now, it could have been even easier if I had used a disposable slow cooker bag, but I never remember to pick them up when we are out shopping. 


I think I love this roast because it is both tender and the gravy is so flavorful. Jessie recommended enjoying it over mashed potatoes... and I have to agree! But then I am always looking for a reason to break out the mashed potatoes. 

So, make this for your own family, enjoy the praises as they lick the plate clean. Go on, give it a try. You can thank me later...


Honey Parmesan Pork Roast
recipe from jessieweaver.net

You will need:

  • 3-4 lb. sirloin pork roast
  • 1/2 c. honey
  • 2/3 c. grated Parmesan Reggiano
  • 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 2 tsp. frozen basil
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
  • 1/4 c. cold water
Start by mixing up the sauce in a small bowl. Whisk together the honey, cheese, soy sauce, basil, garlic, olive oil and sauce. Sear the pork roast on all sides and then place in the slow cooker. Cover with the sauce and cook on low for 6 hours or until the center of the roast has come to temp.

Remove the roast and cover while making the gravy. Pour the drippings into a measuring cup and skim off any excess oil. Create a corn starch slurry with the cornstarch and water. Add both the drippings and slurry to a large skillet and bring up to a simmer. Whisk the gravy as it begins to thicken and serve over the roast.

Enjoy! 




Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!