Monday, February 9, 2015

Red Hot "Puppy Love" Chow


In a countdown to Valentine's Day on Saturday I wanted to whip up a quick sweet treat to share. I am a big fan of cinnamon candy... gummy bears, hard discs, etc. Growing up it was all about the atomic fireballs and just how hot candy could get.

I like a good challenge for my tastebuds....

But, my husband likes things a big milder. So this sweet snack I tempered with a little milk chocolate. It is both sweet and a little spicy. But red, white and perfect for your sweet tooth to fall in love with.


I just love a sweet snack that is easy to whip up when the mood strikes.

So grab your rice cereal and favorite cinnamon candy.


I also broke out the red candy melts to drizzle the cereal with. I put my cinnamon candies in a bag and busted them up. Breaking them into smaller pieces makes it a little easier to bite into.


Ready to whip up a batch for yourself?

Red Hot "Puppy Love" Chow

You Will Need:

  • 3 1/2 c. rice chex cereal
  • 1/2 c. cinnamon candies, crushed
  • 1/4 c. red candy melts, roughly chopped
  • 4 Tbsp. butter
  • 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
  • 1 c. powdered sugar
Grab a big bowl to measure out your rice cereal. In a mixing bowl, combine 1/2 the crushed candy, candy melts and 2 tablespoons butter. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the melts are pourable. Drizzle over the cereal. Repeat the heating process with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and chocolate chips. Drizzle this over the cereal and toss to coat as many pieces as possible. Pour the cereal and remaining cinnamon candy into a zip top bag filled with 1 cup powdered sugar. Shake until all pieces are coated.

Enjoy! 



What is your favorite Valentine's snack or treat?
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!