Friday, March 13, 2015

Quick Leek and Mushroom Baked Gnocchi Recipe with Campell's

This Leek and Mushroom Baked Gnocchi recipe for an easy weeknight dinner idea shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.  #WeekNightHero #CollectiveBias


Before I had kids I didn't really meal plan. After work my husband and I would cook together and create something on a whim. I mean, we had all the time in the world to cook and enjoy our meal. And if we ate late, it didn't matter.

Now meal times in my house look a little different. The natives become restless if dinner isn't on the table by 6pm. And they totally revolt if I dare to serve them something they don't want to eat. I meal plan before the weekend, shop carefully and even plan out what needs to be thawed, put in the slow cooker, and when etc. It is tough keeping it all organized!

But there are always nights when nothing goes as planned. The baby gets sick, or we need to eat fast so my son can be dropped off at cub scouts. Occasionally I fail to notice an important meeting or event my husband put in our shared calendar. Yeah, I will admit it. Seems like more weeknights than not, I am scrambling to feed my family dinner. Yeah, reality laughs in the face of best laid plans, doesn't it?

In order to save my sanity with a family of 5, I have learned to be flexible, but most importantly, keep a well stocked pantry to avert last minute dinner disasters.


This week the good weather threw all our normal scheduling right out the window. My husband has to plant and work ground when he can in the Spring. Sometimes I only have a 30 minute window in which to have dinner ready for everyone before he heads back out the door to finish up something on the farm.

Because, yes, I still like us all to sit down together as a family. Even when we are rushed.

So I grabbed a carton of Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking as my base, and grabbed a few other simple ingredients to create this amazing Leek and Mushroom Baked Gnocchi recipe.

Grab yourself a $.75 coupon walmart.com (coupon starts 3/13/15, and is valid for 1 month)


No, these are not your grandmother's cans of soup. I may have found these Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking in the soup aisle of my local Walmart, but these pourable cartons are an easy way to create fast and tasty weeknight meals in just a few minutes. There are 4 flavor options and all are designed to replace condensed soup or soup mixes. Look for:

  • Savory Portobello Mushroom (great for skillet dishes)
  • Creamy Herb & Garlic with Chicken Stock (perfect for pot pies)
  • Sweet Onion (a savory addition to meatloaf and skillet dishes)
  • Mexican Style Tomato (great for Mexican dishes)

Now, leeks and mushrooms are a huge thing in my house right now. They have such a sweet and savory flavor, I knew they would pair nicely with the Sweet Onion soup. You can think of this recipe as a mashed potato and gravy meets a hearty bowl of French Onion Soup. The combination is like an umami explosion for your taste buds.

Cue the fireworks.


Start by sauteing the leeks and mushrooms over medium heat in a little olive oil. You want them to be softened.


Then add pre-made gnocchi, found in the pasta section, the Sweet Onion soup,and a little sour cream. My Dad often used sour cream for a little added tang in his casseroles. It is a simple trick I still like to use today, and we always have a little in the fridge.

Let the mixture warm through and season to taste.


Then put the gnocchi mixture into individual dishes, or a larger casserole dish, and top with shredded Swiss cheese.


Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. It just needs to heat through. Turn on the broiler, if you desire, and finish melting and caramelizing the cheese on top. I like mine all golden brown.  This little step is so worth it.

Then dig in!

 Now I have a few more cartons of Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking stashed away in my pantry and I am ready for whatever last minute things are going to pop up.


Leek and Mushroom Baked Gnocchi

You will Need:
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 large leeks, sliced thin and cleaned
  • 1 c. button mushrooms, coarsely chopped
  • 1 carton of Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking - Sweet Onion
  • 1/2  c. sour cream
  • 1 16 oz. package of gnocchi
  • 1 c. Swiss cheese, grated
  • salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the sliced leeks and mushrooms in olive oil till softened. Then toss in the gnocchi, sour cream and pour in the Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking - Sweet Onion. Mix well and season to taste.

Transfer the gnocchi mixture to a large baking dish, individual ramekins or mini coquettes. Divide the shredded Swiss cheese between the dishes and place in the oven for 15 minutes or till warmed through. Then switch the oven to broil and let the cheese begin to melt and bubble on top.

Remove from the oven and serve to your hungry crew.


Doesn't this look good? I know, easy wasn't it? All the warm, bubbly goodness of a weekend meal, that actually fit into a weeknight schedule.  These cartons are ready to use as is, not condensed and ready to save busy Moms time and effort to put a meal on the table.

See more weeknight dinner inspiration using Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking at http://cbi.as/4pdn

What would you make for your family with Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking?

Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!