Thursday, May 21, 2015

Creating My Own Reading Corner Oasis with Renuzit Pearl Scents!

Disclaimer - I received sample Renuzit Pearl Scents and coupons to try as part of the Purex Insiders Program. All experiences and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the product I received.  #DesignYourAir



My house is full of toys, dolls, children's books and random things that my three kids have collected. A quick look in our living room shows off some photos on the walls but the rest, stuffed animals and strewn slippers is all distinctly kid.

This Spring I was ready to carve out a little corner for myself. The new Renuzit Pearl Scent Blue Sky Breeze was my inspiration. I am both a big fan of the scent and the light blue color.


Blue Sky Breeze is the perfect scent for relaxing with a good book and a cup of my favorite herbal tea. The Renuzit Pearl Scents both neutralize odor (did I mention that the kids leave their slippers and socks strewn about the living room?) and gives off a pleasant scent for up to 30 days.

I like that it doesn't require a plug-in (I need those for recharging my phone and Kindle, or to plug my speakers into) and also doesn't have an open flame or messy wax.

This is what my little corner looked like before. Nothing special here. I have a comfy chair, an end table and a stack of books to enjoy, but it was definitely missing something...


I headed to my local Marshall's to find some items that would reflect my personality and create a relaxing corner to enjoy when I have a spare moment.

I was really excited by what I found. I love fresh flowers from the garden, Don't flowers brighten a room? this big blue vase has a nice wide base so I won't worry about it tipping, but it goes well with my blue theme. Then I also found this cute framed page, "I Love You To The Moon & Back". I also snagged a comfy cushion to add a splash of color to my solid brown chair and a pretty tea cup and saucer just because.


In truth, making over an area of the home doesn't need to cost a lot of money. All these items were under $50 at Marshall's.


Once arranged on my end table, my items were simple, elegant and made me feel immediately relaxed.


After sprucing up my reading corner, all inspired by the cool blue, Blue Sky Breeze, Renuzit Pearl Scents, my corner is much more reading friendly. Now instead of just being a place I can do my reading, it is a place to enjoy my reading and even relax for a few minutes.


Just a simple change, but a fresh scent and a mini-makeover and this place feels more like "mine".

Renuzit Pearl Scents also come in:
  • Blue Sky Breeze
  • Serenity
  • Sparkling Rain
  • Tranquil
  • Seductive Pineapple



Coupon Giveaway - Leave a comment to be entered to win your own coupons for Renuzit Pearl Scents. Just answer the question below and tell me which scent you would use to makeover your room. Giveaway will end 6/5 at midnight PST. Winners will be contacted via email.

If you took the Renuzit Home Challenge, what part of your home would you change and which Renuzit Pearl Scents would you use for inspiration?


Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!