Friday, May 1, 2015

DIY Teacher Appreciation Card with GraphicStock





The school year is wrapping up and I have been meaning to start on Teacher Appreciation gifts for my children. This year I had one in Kindergarten and another in the 1st grade.

I have had the opportunity to watch both of my children become readers and really love learning. So, of course I want to do something special for the teacher's who created such an atmosphere in the classroom. I plan to put a few fun items together, a gift card or chocolates, but I also wanted to create a special card.

Doesn't everyone love receiving a personalized card?

Well, a great card begins with great images!

I recently discovered a fun new resource for images. Whether you like to create cards, craft or create other DIY projects, there are so many great options with GraphicStock

GraphicStock has over 250,000 graphics and images you can use royalty free, so no worries about running into copyright issues. 



I have to warn you, it is easy to get lost just browsing the different categories on GraphicStock. Luckily if you find something you like, that you want to save for a project down the road, just save it in your favorites. Then you can come back later.

I went in search of some school themed backgrounds and ideas. I loved the extensive chalkboard collection. I found everything from boards, to textures to sayings and doodles.

I ended up going with a classic chalkboard look. All I had to do was download the image and put it into my own design program, like Photoshop. Even PicMonkey will work here for adding images on top or text, etc.


I loved these doodles, too.


First I downloaded the graphics I wanted to use for this project. Then I opened up PicMonkey on my computer.



Then I used the text tool and added my message to the chalkboard. It was a lot of fun to play with the fonts and colors till I was happy with the end result. Having a wide selection of digital graphics and images isn't just handy for card making, I have used them in the past to create customized cupcake wrappers and treat bags. There really are so many possibilities with GraphicStock.

Would you like to make your own? Right now you can get a 7 DAY FREE TRIAL with GraphicStock. You can enjoy up to 140 free graphics during your trial, but I think you may want to stay for more.

If you want to cancel at the end of the GraphicStock free trial period, don't forget to set yourself a reminder to cancel the subscription so you don't have to pay for the membership.


Giveaway Time:

And if 7 FREE DAYS sound good, what about a full year to use GraphicStock free?  1 person will win  1-year complimentary acces to GraphicStock (valued at $588)

1. Just sign up for the free trial and enjoy your downloads for 7 days.

2. Let me know what you think of GraphicStock. Just comment below on a project you are working on or what you want to make with your images.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!