I am excited to share this little gem with you. It has all of my favorites. It is creamy and rich, but it is easy to enjoy just one shell paired with a big robust salad, or just go for a bigger plate of this dish.
I chose some of my favorite seafood to include, shrimp was probably the first seafood I ever enjoyed, crab is one of my favorite locally caught seafood and scallops are the seafood I didn't discover till I became an adult. And discover, also called falling in love with every bite.... I did.
So grab yourself some seafood, a big casserole dish and check out my recipe below. I promise, you will love every creamy bite!
Creamy Seafood Stuffed Shells
You Will Need:
- 12 large pasta shells, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped thin, whites and greens divided
- 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 4 oz. clam juice
- 1/2 lb. baby bay scallops
- 2 c. bay shrimp
- 1 can white crab meat
- 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. Parmesan Cheese
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
In a large skillet, melt the butter and heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the whites of the onions till tender. Then add in the clam juice and chicken stock. Bring it up to a simmer. Then add the scallops till cooked. Add in the shrimp and crab meat, then take off the heat and stir. Drain the seafood and reserve the cooking liquid.
In a skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon butter and whisk in the flour and salt till fragrant. Then add in the heavy cream. Gradually add in the reserved liquid so the sauce doesn't get too thick. Stir in the Parmesan cheese to melt.
Pour a small amount of sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish. Then add the seafood back into the remaining sauce. Spoon the mixture into a shell and place it into the casserole dish. Top the filled dish with chopped bacon and a little more Parmesan cheese.
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the shells are nice and bubbly. Top with remaining green onions before serving.
For more seafood recipes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Italian Scallop Tortellini Bake by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easy Baked Salmon by Day by Day in Our World
- Shrimp, Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs by Mom Does it All
- Creamy Seafood Stuffed Shells by Adventures in All Things Food
- Brown Butter and Lemon Mahi Mahi with Roasted Asparagus by Jennifer Sikora
- Shrimp and Jicama Salad by Upstate Ramblings