Monday, June 1, 2015

Letting Your Personality Shine Through - Stock Up on 47 Cent Hallmark Cards!

 This #SendSmiles Hallmark shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions and experiences are mine alone. #CollectiveBias


In June our family celebrates 3 birthdays. When my kids were little I would pick out a card and everyone would sign it. The kids would draw pictures inside the card and help decorate the envelope. But now that they are older, everyone has a different opinion about the "perfect" birthday card to give.

As a child I looked forward to seeing the cards I would get for my birthday. From my grandparents came the heartfelt poetry and inspirational messages, one Aunt could always be counted on to find me a popular character or design, another always sent jokes.

So it shouldn't have been a surprise that my kids want to express their own unique personalities through the birthday cards they give. I mean, all three of my kids are so different.


My daughter, the only girl, is a complete girly girl. Ballerina in training, currently obsessed with Barbie, My Little Ponies and anything with pink and glitter. She is always looking for a cute card or something with a cute, cuddly animal on it.


My oldest is all boy. Active, passionate and a real adventurer. He is also just getting into knock-knock jokes and humor. He had a very different idea of what the perfect card for his little brother's upcoming 2nd birthday should be.

While on my weekly shopping trip to Walmart, my oldest son and I headed over to the Hallmark card section to cover our upcoming birthday bases.


With a family of 5 and so many birthdays coming up, I love to take advantage of the great card deals available in the Hallmark card section of my local Walmart. Did you know there is a whole selection of cards for just 47 cents each?

Yes! Yes, there is.

Starting at just 47 cents each, I can afford to let each of my kids pick out their own cards and let their own personality shine through. We ended coming home with this great haul of cute and clever birthday cards.


Since there was such a great selection of Hallmark cards starting at 47 cents, I grabbed enough for all our Summer family birthdays, plus extra to have on hand for last minute birthday party invites for the kids. Are my kids the only ones who spring birthday party information on their parents last minute? I prefer to be prepared and this will save me several unnecessary trips into town.


My son picked out these cute cards for his siblings. He thought the truck card was perfect for his little brother and the sprinkles were perfect for his sister. Her birthday is coming up at the end of Summer.

Hallmark and Walmart also have a great selection of other birthday essentials. I picked up this gift bag, tissue paper and curly bow for my youngest. He loves this show!


Starting at just 47 cents, you can afford to get creative with your cards! 

Because the price was right to stock up on Hallmark cards, I grabbed extra to make my youngest son a birthday card placemat. I had my other children sign the cards as usual, but then cut them in half.


I taped the inside of the card, with the message, to the back of the front, then arranged them in a full size thermal laminating pouch. I keep finding fun new ways to use this handy dandy machine.



Once heated up, I fed the laminating pouch through the machine and had the cards preserved and an quick placemat ready for his birthday fun.

After his birthday I plan to wipe the plastic sheet clean and let him enjoy his birthday cards all year long protected in the plastic sheets. Wouldn't it be fun to bind these and combine with several years worth of cards to create a birthday card album for him?


Now that you know Walmart has Hallmark cards starting at just 47 cents, what creative uses will you find for your birthday cards?
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!