With all the heat of summer bearing down on us here in Oregon, it was time to break for a cold treat. Luckily, it also happens to be National Ice Cream Day. Will you be celebrating along with us today?
Grab your spoon or your favorite Popsicle or frozen treat and let's celebrate! There are many choices to keep you cooled off today.
Okay, during summer we don't really need a reason to enjoy a cold, sweet treat, do we? No. there is always a reason for enjoying one of the many Unilever brands of cold treats.
What is your ice cream personality? Here are a few suggestions depending on what you enjoy.
- Salty and Sweet: Klondike Caramel Pretzel, MAGNUM Double Peanut Butter, and MAGNUM Almond and are just a few which master the timeless combination.
- Mint and Chocolate: Some of the new varieties in 2015 include Good Humor Girl Scouts Thin Mints Bar, Breyers Gelato Indulgences Mint Chocolate, and Klondike Mint Fudge Cookie Kandy Bar.
- Fruity Desserts: Fruttare frozen fruit bars are made with real, delicious fruit, and this year, the brand is moving towards sustainably sourcing every piece of fruit. Flavors include Strawberry, Coconut & Milk, Banana & Milk, Mango, and more. (Bonus: they start at only 60 calories a bar!)
- Candy: Popsicle Tootsie Pop – one of the brand’s newest varieties – surely won’t disappoint; for non-Tootsie Pop lovers, try Popsicle Airheads or Popsicle Sour Patch Kids.
- Anything Vanilla: Breyers offers several varieties: Natural Vanilla (America’s favorite Vanilla!), French Vanilla, Extra Creamy Vanilla, Homemade Vanilla, ½ the Fat, Sugar Free, etc.
- The Classics: Take a trip down memory lane and enjoy same of the classics – Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake Bar, Good Humor Chocolate Éclair, Giant Vanilla Sandwich, Cherry Popsicle, and more.
Today my kids enjoyed their favorite flavors of Popsicles and later tonight, I will be curling up with a little bowl of Breyers Mint Chocolate.
What cold treat will you enjoy today?