Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Jam-ing away the night

Yes, it is that time of year again! This year I was determined not to miss out on the short window to get fresh strawberries at the farm and make jam. Only two batches made so far, though with a toddler that is quite a feat! This one was just strawberry and we also made a strawberry-rhubarb batch. This next weekend I plan on getting more berries to freeze so we can make some strawberry-combo jams later on this summer. I was thinking strawberry-blueberry or strawberry-appricot sounded yummy. My husband thinks that 2 batches of jam are a lot... about 17 jars total... I think he will be surprised how fast those get eaten.
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. We just started picking our own strawberries and I now have a serious addiction to making jams & jellies. Everyone loves them - they do go very quickly! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!