Okay, so how did you New Year's Resolution go? Mine, well... we don't really need to talk about that, do we? I actually like Spring better than January as a time to start little changes in my life. I love the idea of Spring change. Sometimes it helps just to write down the goals you have. That way it isn't so overwhelming. These are 10 things I strive for everyday. They help to make me & my family happier & healthier.
1. Start my day with a healthy breakfast - I try to incorporate whole grains, protein and fruit or vegetables. This helps get us up and going!
2. Drink 8 glasses of water everyday - We all know it is good for us, but how often do we get all we need?
3. Do something active everyday - Garden, yoga or just doing a silly dance with my kids in the living room. Just get up and get moving everyday!
4. Don't forget your manners - Simple isn't it? I have two small children so being a good role model is high on my list, but honestly being appreciative and considerate of others is contagious. It is interesting to see how people pay it forward. Being kind to one person can cause them to give some else a kind word... and it spreads. It also just makes me feel good to hold a door, or help someone reach something on a top shelf at the grocery store.
5. Try a new healthy menu item every week - Whether it is a new healthy food or a new way to prepare an old favorite, mix it up! Healthy never needs to be boring.
6. Get your kids involved cooking - I bought my son an apron & he has his own kitchen tools. I want him to be involved and interested in preparing his own food. That way he will be more interested in eating. It also gives us a great activity to do together.
7. Take my kids out for a walk - get out the stroller and soak in a little bit of sunshine as I get my blood pumping. It is a big deal pushing a double stroller up hill!
8. Sit down as a family to eat - This is big for us since my DH also comes home for lunch. It helps my kids to see us eating our fruits & vegetables. I hope it is setting them up with good eating habits.
9. Tell your family you love them - Since my son was born it has been my goal to never go a day without telling my kids that I love them. So simple, but so important!
10. Don't forget to schedule "Me" time - This is the hardest to fit in, but just a cup of tea or listening to my IPod can help reinvigorate me. ...and if I am healthy & happy, then I can do a better job of making sure my family is healthy & happy.
Whew! I am sure I left a few good suggestions off. What do you do to lead a happier & healthier life? I would love to hear all your suggestions. For reading my top 10 tips & to get you started on your way to a happier & healthier you, Tropicana Trop50 is offering a TwitterMoms Juicy Rewards code to get you started:
(worth one Juicy Rewards point – that’s up to $5 in savings) This one-time use code is valid for new accounts ONLY. Must be entered within 6 hours of creating your account. Limit one new account bonus code per new account. All accounts must be created and all codes entered by May 7, 2010 at 11:59 PM EST. For more codes, look under specially marked caps or on the back of specially marked products.
Tropicana Trop50 provides the goodness of juice with 50 percent less calories and sugars, and no artificial sweeteners. Trop50 is a part of Tropicana’s Juicy Rewards program, which gives consumers more from their juice by offering 20,000 ways to save on fun, healthy pursuits. With Juicy Rewards, the savings come easily – up to $15 for one carton of Tropicana Pure Premium and up to $30 in savings for one carton of Trop50!
Disclaimer -I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Tropicana Trop50 blogging program to be eligible to win 6 free Juicy Rewards points and a $30 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.