I was given the chance to review a Gold Label 32 oz. bottle of Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil. Yum. I had never used coconut oil in my cooking before, so this was a fabulous new adventure. I had read about its benefits but this was my first chance to really put it to the test.
I first started out by visiting http://www.freecoconutrecipes.
Then I decided to get a little adventurous. I first used the coconut oil in my banana bread recipe instead of the normal vegetable oil. The outcome was very moist. I couldn't have been happier. Then I used it instead of the softened butter in my peanut butter kisses. Again, they turned out great.
I was very happy with the flavor, and also happy with how easy it was to use.
So, why use coconut oil in your cooking? "It has been a staple cooking oil for thousands of years in tropical climates. As a cooking oil, its chemical structure is kept in tact and therefore is resistant to mutations of fatty acid chains even when used in higher cooking temperatures, unlike most vegetable oils."
To learn more about the product you can watch, “How We Discovered Virgin Coconut Oil - An Interview with Brian Shilhavy, CEO Tropical Traditions” http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Would you like to win your own bottle of Gold Label Coconut Oil, just like the one I reviewed? Of course you do!
- Mandatory Entry Subscribe by email via Feedburner (right hand side)
For extra entries, do any or all of the following and leave a comment letting me know after you do the mandatory entry mentioned above:
- Follow my Blog via Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
- Subscribe to Tropical Traditions' Sales Newsletter (1 entry)
- Follow Tropical Traditions on twitter (@Troptraditions) (1 entry)
- "Like" Tropical Traditions on Facebook (1 entry)
- Blog about this giveaway with a link to my site (5 entries)
- Enter this on a Giveaway Linky & leave a link (5 entries for each Linky!)
- Follow me on Twitter (@notimeMom) & tweet about this giveaway. (2x per day at least 2 hrs apart) Feel free to use: " Win Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil @notimeMom http://bit.ly/bA36IF :: ends 6/5 #giveaway Pls RT!" Please include the URL (1 entry per tweet)
- Which recipe would you make? http://www.freecoconutrecipes.
- Comment on any of my other blog posts. Just let me know where you commented (1 entry per comment, 5 entries max.)
Open to the US and Canada. Please leave a separate comment for each entry to get full credit. Giveaway ends on June 5th at 11:59 pm PST. A winner will be chosen on the 6th via Random.org. and will be emailed. They will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
*Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.