Sunday, August 29, 2010

Proud Mama- 1st Birthday Party!


Woo~ Such a wild last couple of days planning and prepping for my little girl's big first birthday. We had friends, a few Zhu Zhu pets Wild Bunch (more on that to come!) and frosted cupcakes... nom, nom, nom!

The cupcakes were a hit! Nothing really complicated, just vanilla cupcakes with fudge butter cream and chocolate cupcakes with strawberry butter cream. My kiddos, of course, had special low-protein cupcakes with the strawberry frosting in different colored cupcake papers - for easy tracking! No one turned their noses up at my cupcakes, and I had many Moms asking for the directions. I think most people are surprised to find out how easy it actually is to make your own frosting. I will post the recipes shortly.

While her brother has never been fond of cake, my little girl grabbed it with both hands and dove right in! The adorable chicken bib is from Kitchen Clothesline.


She just loves dressing up. I always find her putting things on and over her. So, I got this adorable tutu and wings from My Fancy Princess. These were both on sale! So cute!


I think Daddy really enjoyed showing off his little birthday girl.


It was a great day, though I am glad birthdays only come once a year. Now I have 2 months to put together and throw my little man a fire truck-rific 3rd birthday bash. Wish me luck!
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to a beautiful little girl! And I just love the outfits -- from the hat to the wings, they are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your beautiful munchkin! What a doll!! Love the awesome pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your little girl! I can't wait to see your posts on the frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Miss Audrey!

    Time flies!! My son will be 1 on 9/17 and I am so thankful for being able to stay home with him, although it seems like just yesterday that he was born.

    She is precious, Andrea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bookmarked!!, I love your site!

    my webpage diet plans that work fast

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!