I am drowning in sippy cups. One full cabinet and an overflow box for the cups that didn't make the cut, so why did I agree to review another kids cup? Well, the EIO Kids Cup promised to be different, smart and age appropriate for my kids.
This was one moment that I thought, wow, glad someone thought of this. I am a big fan of glass because it is easy to clean, long lasting and recyclable when all else fails. When my son was born 3 years ago and there were whispers about BPA we purged our house of most plastics. For the kids I preferred glass baby bottles, and now mix their medical formula (for their PKU) in glass bottles. Oh, did I mention I store our dry goods in glass mason jars? Very economical and simple to replace. And, toss them on the top rack of your dishwasher for easy clean up... yes, the cap and sleeve, too.
This cup is designed for children over the age of 2, but the American Dental Association recommends children over the age of one drink from a cup without a valve for better dental development. This cup has also been endorsed by speech pathologists since it promotes proper articulation and development. I don't know about you, but I have to keep replacing cups with straws and spouts because both my children chew on them. Ahem, just ordered more, in fact before doing this review!
Overall I think this is the perfect way to transition my son to a grown up cup. Truly I can't wait to do away with all plastic cups in our home and this allows me to get them used to glass without all the worries of breakage. I know the cup can break, but canning jars are pretty durable and the silicone sleeve on the outside helps to cushion drops and bangs. If it chips or breaks, canning jars are so easy to replace!
Order your own EIO Kids Cup today in purple, orange or green for $15.00.
think of how many sippy or valve cups that will eliminate... add up the cost of replacements for 3+ years, and I think it is reasonable. A good investment for sure.
I have one EIO Kids Cup to give away in the winner's choice of color.
Mandatory Entry is easy! Please tell me something else you learned from the eiokidscup.com site.
For optional extra entries, do any or all of the following and leave a comment letting me know after you do the mandatory entry mentioned above:
- Follow via Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
- Subscribe via email, be sure to confirm in your email. (1 entry)
- Take another entry if you already a fan of EIO Products on Facebook (1 entry)
- Comment on any non-giveaway post on my blog. (1 entry per comment)
- Follow @EIOkidscup on twitter
- Follow me on twitter (@notimeMom) & tweet about this giveaway. (limit 2 tweets a day) Be sure to leave the tweet URL in your comment. (1 entry/tweet) Feel free to use:
* From The Journal of the American Dental Association, Vol. 135, No 3, 387.
* Disclaimer - Open to the US only. I was sent a sample cup for review purposes, no monetary compensation was involved. All opinions are my own. Giveaway ends 3/10. Winner will be drawn using random.org and will have 48 hours to reply with their shipping information.The giveaway item will be shipped from the company.